Maritime 91 K1500 Scottsdale Back to life

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

Mysteriphys

Reaction score
Maritime 1991 K1500 Scottsdale Back to life

You must be registered for see images attach

So Intro's out of the way, Faith in my abilities shown to be lacking, but I expected a project, so I'll throw a list of "needs fixed" here and try to update as I go along, unfortunately once I start something usually I get too focused to take pics, but I'll try to keep my head out of the sand as much as possible!

to start:
-Raise Driver rear cab corner and re-structure
-Find leak in front brakes, (new everything, except lines)
-Re-install gas tank (removed to use on something else, didn't fit returned to truck but not re-installed)
-Replace bed (have one, needs some tin up front but otherwise like new)

At this point it becomes a working project, because I'll need it for work sooner than I can get everything that I want done.

-Replace moldy bench with buckets, or Bucket for now until I find a good set,
-Remove moldy headliner, thinking about button vinyl to mimic some bigger trucks I've seen as a replacement.
-Clean up the interior, possible color change, fiberglass dash,
-Window tint for back window, which is solid (thank goodness)
-change or remove door handles, not a big fan of the easy 2 break into style of them, and I've always wanted shaved handles

so far I have no plans for suspension aside from new bushings and rear shocks, I like how they ride and have no need for a lift kit,

Might seem like a long list, but I'm a go-to guy with go-to guy friends, and what I can't get for free, I get for cheap because of that, so I would say by the end of the primary build I'll not have spent more than 1000 to get it back on the road including safety and Registration.

Things that are new and/or don't need replaced/have ready to go on:

Brakes: rotors calipers drums shoes (possibly wheel cylinders)
Clutch: Internals, assembly and lines for the hydrolics
Rims: stocker 16"s not "new" but tons better shape than the steelies it has on it now.
Ignition, cap and rotor, wires and plugs may need to be changed, as yet unchecked due to inclimate weather and need to get it moved to my shop.so I assume new currently
headlights: not installed but I have a newer set waiting.
dropped rear bumper, I'll be hauling a low slung trailer (also building)
Power doors.
aftermarket deck with Aux input. - Subs and Amp

I think thats it for now, if I think of anything else as it progresses I'll just have to add it later.

Peace be with you!

Last edited:

Mysteriphys

Reaction score
got it "home" today, already ripped the driver door off, the lock was corroded stuck (po never used them), lucky for me there was a spare door sitting beside the shop, good holes for the pins, and a non-broken latch/outside handle, so no worries there, unfortunately the entire inside window and lock mech is gone and the original int. handle's lock is broken, oh well, it'll do for now. pics soon, fun fun!

Mysteriphys

Reaction score
I should have taken some good before pics for reference but didn't think of it till after, so here's the old door, if you zoom into the latch area you should be able to see how banged up it is, the pin side has door side holes big enough to put bushings in, welded and ovaled out really badly, and the handle was half busted

the "better" door with the guts from the other installed

Top pin shimmed with a piece of old bushing to keep it from dropping, *after* i bent the arms on the body side hing pack into place, there was still about a 1/4" of movement in the pin up and down

Bottom also shimmed even though I don't expect the pin to pull up, but just the same, better safe than sorry

Door sitting where it's supposed to, closes with a gentle nudge now :-D

Assembled except for the window crank, need to get a clip, or just get a new set, either way. (dirty but the whole thing needs a good scrubbing)

Interior shot, this is what I'm working with :p pretty beat-up, but hey gotta start somewhere!

So I need to hook-up the gas tank and in the process realized the frame work in the back i just plain horrible, the good news is I already have a great whacking trailer with some old truck frame to build from
Pics to come of box removal, frame chop and tons of fun fun fun!

Mysteriphys

Reaction score
out looking it over today, would have started really working on it but it was raining and I still can't get it in the shop till the bikes are out for the season. (gotta love that winter storage cycle) Noticed I have no coolant in the rad and no brake fluid up front since it moved to it's new home. it's possible something had been stuck and jarred a line etc, simple fixes, I've decided the box will come off in 3 pieces since it's about half way there anyway, looked over the donor frame, it's about 2 inches taller than most of the section that needs replaced, but overall I think it's going to be perfect, it's thicker, already has a strong crossbeam in the back, and I'm going to be installing a dropped rear bumper for a low trailer, most if not all of the cut-off bolt on pieces on the frame are in good enough shape, and I'll be evapo-rusting and painting/coating everything, so by the time I'm done it'll have a near 3/4ton equivalent rear frame.