Map lights on with Dome light...

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

Jared Jackson

I'm Awesome
Reaction score
Hey Guys,

I was sitting at work, thinking about my interior lights, lol.

Up front, I haven't researched this yet, I was just thinking about it.

I want to have my overhead map lights come on with my dome lights and not via their switches. I would never use them alone and I like the interior light output with they are all on. If there is a way, I may even keep the switch functionality and still have them overridden and come on with the dome light comes on.

Has anyone attempted to disable the switches and just wire them up to all come on when the doors open or when you turn on the dome light via the roller switch?

Just throwing it out there for discussion before I tear stuff apart to figure it out.

RawbDidIt

I'm Awesome
Reaction score
Shouldn't be too difficult if that's what you want to do, I think the dome light power runs parallel to the map lights up to the map lights. East302 might be able to hook you up with a diagram of the 2 circuits, but realistically all you need to do is cut the hot side from the map lights and splice it into the hot wire for the dome light. I'd keep it as simple as possible, if you ever sell it, you'll want to undo it. As far as making the switch override everything, that's more complicated. What I'd also check is the current through the circuit with all of the lights on, a couple extra lights shouldn't blow the fuse, but it may, you may want some extra head room.

Sent from my SM-G965U using Tapatalk