Mad Dog Stage 2 Transmission came in today!!

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

AJKZ71

I'm Awesome
Reaction score
Yeah I'm not liking the looks of these. I should have done more homework on it. Might just send it back so I don't have a worry about it. It's still in the box in my garage

scmsltn

I'm Awesome
Reaction score
Yeah, open it up and see what it looks like. Post pics. You should be able to tell is everything is new.

DGA1

I'm Awesome
Reaction score
I posted a link in your previous thread on this and it seems like there was a plausible explanation for it all and the company is back in good hands again. Take that with a grain of salt really, but just another thing to consider.

Like everyone else said, once you take the pan off take a quick look at the valve body and everything on it and it should give you some indication on what might be happening.

Best of luck and keep us posted.

AJKZ71

I'm Awesome
Reaction score
hey guys i took the pan off on friday, had a busy weekend so i didnt get a chance to post up a pic. so here it is.

You must be registered for see images attach

ive heard good and bad things from mad dog transmissions, and ive heard that they have improved over the past few years. Also Lou gave me an extra 6 months on top of my 1 year-unlimited mile warranty since im not putting it in until spring. So i figured out why not put it in and see how she holds up.

scmsltn

I'm Awesome
Reaction score
That looks clean in there...if you feel comfortable take it down a little further, past the filter and valve bodies. As long as you have a warranty in writing and documenation of your conversations you should be fine. It might be a pain to get a new one or your money back but you should be covered.

When are you going to install it? Throw it in and lets see....!!!

AJKZ71

I'm Awesome
Reaction score
probably not until spring break when i have more time to really tear it down. im so damn busy with work and school every other day ya know? and yeah everything looked good in there. ill put it in, and if she has to eat let her eat. if it breaks ill send it back

Tempted

Banned
Reaction score
Only thing that concerns me is the amount of fluid in there. Might be from dyno testing and break in but coated that much means it has been filled and ran. Do you have a closer image on the filter pick up? Looks dirty but hard to see.

AJKZ71

I'm Awesome
Reaction score
Yeah it was tested before it was sent out. Idk if they filled it completely full then tested it then drained it though