LS swap 1999 c3500 single cab lb

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

CarolinaOBS

ZIP TIES AND PB BLASTER
Reaction score
For someone as myself who has never painted a vehicle, did you find the eastwood products forgiving for a novice?

...I love that intercooler peaking out from behind the bumper :)

From my experience automotive painting in general is not very forgiving. I really think the Eastwood products are a very good bang for your buck. I paid 150 a gallon for basecoat and activator and closer to 200 a gallon for the high solid show clear. Really feels and looks like I’m using the big boy materials. The “4:1 show clear” coat lays extremely shiny even for a novice like me.

Contemplating putting the intercooler behind the grille

CarolinaOBS

ZIP TIES AND PB BLASTER
Reaction score
Been a bit since I did an update.....pretty much decided this is ending up a frame off adventure, gonna take the cab off to paint and expose the frame for the fab work I have planned, finished the hood today so the whole front clip is now painted including core support and inner fender liners.

Ao much more to do but I want it done right.

More to come.

Fordsmakemesick

OBS Enthusiast
Reaction score
"Carolina_'99Hoe, post: 1031396, member: 14360"]She’s not pretty, but she’s got character haha.

You must be registered for see images attach

Full custom drag bars are on, 3-4 beltech lowering kit is on. Engine is half-assed tuned by me but rips pretty good. She’ll roll to 120mph like it’s nothing. If I’m not careful this truck gonna send me to jail. THIS THING NEEDS MUFFLERS. Been driving around with earmuffs.

Driveshaft needs attention, I set the speed limiter to 110 now because of fear the factory two peice is going to rip apart above that speed. (Starts vibrating pretty bad) Custom steel one-piece is gonna run me about 500. Also the ass is still to high and stiff on launch, gonna take a couple leafs out of the pack and see if that fixes it.

Now my updated to do list:

Strip interior
New insulation and carpet
New cloth buckets I sourced from a local junkyard
Wire water temp to dash
Fix oil pressure gauge
INTAKE- my intake air temps are 120+ all the time
tune
Tweak drivetrain.

Also little sneak peek for y’all of the new toy, I’m sure I’ll put a thread up in the custom lift suspension threads.

[/QUOTE]
Looks like my truck haha,mine is a c2500 man I'd love to put a fun ls combo in mine!

CarolinaOBS

ZIP TIES AND PB BLASTER
Reaction score
"Carolina_'99Hoe, post: 1031396, member: 14360"]She’s not pretty, but she’s got character haha.

Full custom drag bars are on, 3-4 beltech lowering kit is on. Engine is half-assed tuned by me but rips pretty good. She’ll roll to 120mph like it’s nothing. If I’m not careful this truck gonna send me to jail. THIS THING NEEDS MUFFLERS. Been driving around with earmuffs.

Driveshaft needs attention, I set the speed limiter to 110 now because of fear the factory two peice is going to rip apart above that speed. (Starts vibrating pretty bad) Custom steel one-piece is gonna run me about 500. Also the ass is still to high and stiff on launch, gonna take a couple leafs out of the pack and see if that fixes it.

Now my updated to do list:

Strip interior
New insulation and carpet
New cloth buckets I sourced from a local junkyard
Wire water temp to dash
Fix oil pressure gauge
INTAKE- my intake air temps are 120+ all the time
tune
Tweak drivetrain.

Also little sneak peek for y’all of the new toy, I’m sure I’ll put a thread up in the custom lift suspension threads.

Looks like my truck haha,mine is a c2500 man I'd love to put a fun ls combo in mine!

[/QUOTE]

Thats a clean truck man! It’s a “heavy-half” being 6 lug correct?

Fordsmakemesick

OBS Enthusiast
Reaction score

Thats a clean truck man! It’s a “heavy-half” being 6 lug correct?[/QUOTE]
Yes sir and thank you! It's a c2500 it has the semi float 14 bolt 3:73s and it's a 6 lug kinda an odd ball but it would be perfect for a fun little LS combo someday.

CarolinaOBS

ZIP TIES AND PB BLASTER
Reaction score
Love this color the more I see it. Truck is gonna look like a shadow . Working on bodywork for all the removable panels (doors, tailgate, roll pan). Gonna go ahead and get those out of the way and tackle the bed and the cab last.

CarolinaOBS

ZIP TIES AND PB BLASTER
Reaction score
Ran into a local fella, he’s retired, but still does sand blasting and frame coating. Got to talking and he quoted me 500 to blast the frame, epoxy coat, and urethane top coat.

that being said next thing on the list is to get the cab lifted off and frame stripped so I can send it off and get it refinished.

I think 500 is a really good deal for the product I’ll have.

CarolinaOBS

ZIP TIES AND PB BLASTER
Reaction score
I’ve done some sketchy stuff in my day. This is up there on the list lol.

Time to strip the chassis, have some fab work to do on the frame to prep for some stuff but then it’s off to get refinished.