LS swap 1999 c3500 single cab lb

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

CarolinaOBS

ZIP TIES AND PB BLASTER
Reaction score
Aren't those the El cheapo forged slugs already? I have the same in my spare LT1. For timing, I bring it in sooner than stock. I bump globally until I see knock, then start reshaping it. Adding more down low helps a lot with loafing along in OD. The thing I suck at is blending.

these are el cheapo hypereutectic. And I found their limit

CarolinaOBS

ZIP TIES AND PB BLASTER
Reaction score
Ahh, they bear the same stamp as my heavy ass forged slugs. Gonna punch it out to a 5.7?

selling the block, it’s stock bore barely any scoring.

I have an iron block and crank that’s already been to the machine shop, some h beams and forged slugs she will be just right :head3:

RDF1

I'm Awesome
Reaction score

RDF1

I'm Awesome
Reaction score
Put alky control kit on a 5.3 and that was a very nice setup. I tuned it to be dependent since its going to get beat on very hard.
Timing was tame and AFR was almost dialed in. i wanted to see 11.2 and last few pulls were 11.0 so thats close enough.

17 or 18 psi and set the dyno to do timed run of 16 seconds from 2000 to 7500 rpms. Im not gonna lie, i was a little nervous. But it survived about 40 pulls that day.

xc_hide_links_from_guests_guests_error_hide_media

CarolinaOBS

ZIP TIES AND PB BLASTER
Reaction score
Put alky control kit on a 5.3 and that was a very nice setup. I tuned it to be dependent since its going to get beat on very hard.
Timing was tame and AFR was almost dialed in. i wanted to see 11.2 and last few pulls were 11.0 so thats close enough.

17 or 18 psi and set the dyno to do timed run of 16 seconds from 2000 to 7500 rpms. Im not gonna lie, i was a little nervous. But it survived about 40 pulls that day.

xc_hide_links_from_guests_guests_error_hide_media

That thing sounds killer! Love it.

as for the afr I had mine set at around 11.7 ramping to 11.0 on my aem gauge as boost progressed (boost enrichment table)

I want this to be as easy and simple a setup as it can be. I’ll definitely be adding a methanol kit, I like the aem kit allot. Probably have it set up to be boost activated and have it tune dependent. Anything under 10 psi no spray. As my intercooler is pretty dern efficient. That being said I ever run out I can just turn the boost down and roll.

CarolinaOBS

ZIP TIES AND PB BLASTER
Reaction score
Really frustrated with the motor aspect of this build so I have taken a break to work on other projects and now the cosmetics of the truck. I have begun bodywork...very tedious because I’m a perfectionist when it comes to these things.

The color choice was difficult but I think it’s going to look killer when it’s done. This fender was done as a test panel to try out the Eastwood products and gun setup I will be using. Sprayed with cheap devilbiss gun outside with no booth.

You must be registered for see images attach

CarolinaOBS

ZIP TIES AND PB BLASTER
Reaction score
Fender after wet sand, cut, and buff. As close to a show quality finish as my feeble self can get lol.
Hung fender and grille on the they just to see what they would look like. I think it’s going to be killer!

strikk

I'm Awesome
Reaction score
For someone as myself who has never painted a vehicle, did you find the eastwood products forgiving for a novice?

...I love that intercooler peaking out from behind the bumper :)