LS swap 1999 c3500 single cab lb

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

CarolinaOBS

ZIP TIES AND PB BLASTER
Reaction score
Progress. By no means am I professional fabricator but I’m trying my best haha. Next thing to tackle is notching out and boxing a spot up front so I can run a factory ls ac compressor. I am doing a c notch, probably the beltech bolt in kit for the c3500. Why not weld in? Well, cost. It cost less for the bel tech kit vs. a 4x4 piece of 1/4” plate (not to mention my time).

You must be registered for see images attach

Last edited:

CarolinaOBS

ZIP TIES AND PB BLASTER
Reaction score
I don’t know if I’m gonna be able to make it work, the upper control arm mounts are mighty close to where the hoses would come out even if I box it. Gonna try tho.

Last edited:

CarolinaOBS

ZIP TIES AND PB BLASTER
Reaction score
I guess I’ve missed a bit, what’s different in this setup that’s requiring you to notch the frame? As in what made it drop lower where the accessories are conflicting with the frame.

im attempting to use the stock ac compressor off a 2001 to 2007 style truck, it’s mounted on that lower bracket you see in the picture. The advantages of this is the ac runs on a separate belt that is removable for racing. And there isn’t a bulky ac compressor up top. It’s gonna give me allot more room and make for a cleaner engine bay.

CarolinaOBS

ZIP TIES AND PB BLASTER
Reaction score
Wheel choice made. 2019 high country wheels. Picking up tires next week. Got these stupid cheap, all they needed was a polish.

Before all the blah blah about adapters. I’ve run them forever torqued and locktite and never had an issue.