Lower Control Arms

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

Chevy 97

Reaction score
I am trying to find lower control arms for a 1997 K1500. I checked with my local GM dealer they are discontinued. I checked on Rock Auto, none found just bushings, I checked with two local parts stores here nothing listed. Even with on Summit Racing, no listings for my truck year, 1999 and newer. LMC truck has nothing even though two years ago they had a listing. I have to stick with the stock suspension for the salvage inspection here in Alberta Canada. Any ideas of aftermarket companies would be appreciated.

Big D

Atoadaso I f*kn Atoadaso
Reaction score
Have you tried JCwhitney?

or Ebay... a lot of scrap yards post wrecked trucks on there to be parted out.

Chevy 97

Reaction score
I took mine into the shop that is going to be doing the inspection. They said it would pass so I am putting in back on. I have all the bushings and ball joints on, just in the process of painting them
You must be registered for see images attach

Chevy 97

Reaction score

These are done, waiting for them to dry now. I still need to get the torsion bars out of the keys yet. They are stuck pretty tight. All of this work started from hitting a deer. The truck was wrote off, we bought it back because of the new engine that was put in. The truck has to pass an inspection since it is classified as salvaged. Even though the only damage was on the body. I am going through the truck first to find anything that needs fixed first. This is why the suspension work is being done. I did the rear springs 4 years ago, so everything there is fine. I am replacing the rubber brake lines. The may fail the metal lines if it is too rusty with weak areas. I plan to get the rest of the frame painted so it looks nice again. I fixed the fuel lines two years ago. Changed everything that was rusted really bad. Once the suspension is done I can start putting the front inner and outer fenders on then the hood. Send it off to get painted then put the rest back on, make sure all the repairs are done then send it off for inspection.

SkyHighColorado

^LIFTED^
Reaction score
looking good. Not sure why you thought they wouldn't pass inspection though. When you think you put enough black on em put on some more because it comes off easily over a year.

Chevy 97

Reaction score

The left side was just as rusted up at the right side. Now that they are off I can start putting my front suspension back on and also remove the brackets off the bumper. I did buy new keys, so I got new bolts and the nut they use to hold the keys in place. :cool:

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
OBSOkie