Looking for some audio help

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

T DOG

I'm Awesome
Reaction score
There is a guy here who put a sub under one of his front seats. Maybe he'll chime in. I think you could probably fit a shallow mount 10" sub.

glendayle

I'm Awesome
Reaction score
any suggestions on an inexpensive sub and/or amp? Was thinking I ought to be able to get a sub for $100 or less and an amp in the same ballpark. As far as enclosure, I"ll make my own. MDF is cheap.

glendayle

I'm Awesome
Reaction score

T DOG

I'm Awesome
Reaction score
Yeah, doesn't look like the 10" would work under the front seat.

glendayle

I'm Awesome
Reaction score
So messing around some more. I ordered some replacement 4x6s for the rear pillars. HOW THE HELL DO YOU REMOVE THE REAR TRIM? I've been searching for hours and messing w my truck and I can't find any directions/pics on how to remove all this trim in the back. I'm going to figure it out eventually, but if any of you can add info/pics it would be helpful. When I'm done I'm going to post pics of all the trim pieces on the back and start a thread. Maybe someone will sticky it. It's retarded this info is not readily available. On my Regal forum there is way more dissembly information and I'll bet GM has sold at least 10 times as many of these trucks than they ever sold of Regals.

Anyway, The other thing I'm thinking is that I might be able to mount a sub in the rear pillar on the drivers side. There is a ton of unused space inside the back seat side panel area.

JParker2012

Freedom isn't FREE
Reaction score
So messing around some more. I ordered some replacement 4x6s for the rear pillars. HOW THE HELL DO YOU REMOVE THE REAR TRIM? I've been searching for hours and messing w my truck and I can't find any directions/pics on how to remove all this trim in the back. I'm going to figure it out eventually, but if any of you can add info/pics it would be helpful. When I'm done I'm going to post pics of all the trim pieces on the back and start a thread. Maybe someone will sticky it. It's retarded this info is not readily available. On my Regal forum there is way more dissembly information and I'll bet GM has sold at least 10 times as many of these trucks than they ever sold of Regals.

Anyway, The other thing I'm thinking is that I might be able to mount a sub in the rear pillar on the drivers side. There is a ton of unused space inside the back seat side panel area.
I did it and its a PITA to say the least. Don't even bother unless you get some killer replacement speakers. I replaced mine with some jbl plate speakers and it maid a big difference! Like I said if your going to botther with it put good speakers in!

glendayle

I'm Awesome
Reaction score

T DOG

I'm Awesome
Reaction score
Those will definitely be better than stock. In this case I think it would have been beneficial to order speakers from Crutchfield just to get the master sheets (shows you exactly how to install your new equipment.)

glendayle

I'm Awesome
Reaction score
Those will definitely be better than stock. In this case I think it would have been beneficial to order speakers from Crutchfield just to get the master sheets (shows you exactly how to install your new equipment.)

I can't really imagine what they could give me that I would need. Unless of course they have detailed how to with real pictures on how to take apart the trim. I bet money they don't though. As far as installing stereo equipment I'll be good. I don't have anything against crutchfield, but usually they aren't priced the best.