Looking for Pictures of Cadillac Lights in OBS trucks....

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

ricerocket1135

I'm Awesome
Reaction score
Thanks for the compliments!

Starting with the mud...
You must be registered for see images attach

Last edited:

ricerocket1135

I'm Awesome
Reaction score
Getting a little time to work on her...

I am happy with the placement of them and the bodywork is nowhere near perfect. I am trying to get it to a point where it will be street worthy and able to get inspected.

RPMGraphics

I'm Awesome
Reaction score
looking good!!!! but depending on how strict the laws are where you live & the person giving the inspection, you may not pass. most states require side markers. since these can't be seen from the side, like you can factory tails, they're technically illegal.

1badgmc

I'm Awesome
Reaction score
looking good!!!! but depending on how strict the laws are where you live & the person giving the inspection, you may not pass. most states require side markers. since these can't be seen from the side, like you can factory tails, they're technically illegal.

I have NEVER known of anyone in Texas running into inspection (or other) issues for no rear sidemarkers and I know a ton of people running their trucks without them.

RPMGraphics

I'm Awesome
Reaction score
like i said, it just depends on your area & who's doing the inspection. most states it's required to have side markers but most the time something little like that is over looked.
i have caddy tails & no side markers & i've never been told anything but then again my brake tag has been expired since 08, LOL!!!!

just giving him a heads up, just like most people don't know that shaved door handles are illegal.

ricerocket1135

I'm Awesome
Reaction score
In that pic the buckets are empty. When installed, the taillights are visible from the angle the picture was taken. I don't think I will have an issue getting it inspected, but if I do, I will be a little upset.

1badgmc

I'm Awesome
Reaction score
like i said, it just depends on your area & who's doing the inspection. most states it's required to have side markers but most the time something little like that is over looked.

They're federally required by FMVSS 108, actually.

...just like most people don't know that shaved door handles are illegal.

Can you produce any links that corroborate this?

I've heard this said several times before, but in all of my research I have not been able to find anything anywhere, either at the federal or state level, that either specifically requires door handles or forbids them from being removed. There's always the argument of safety and being able to open the door in the even of an accident, but what's to say the vehicle won't be in an accident that wouldn't allow the doors to open, even if it did have handles? The window would have to be busted out or the jaws of life would have to be used in either case.

The C6 Corvette, Cadillac XLR and Cadillac CTS coupes don't have door handles. Sure they have the touch pads to open them from the outside, but if any of those vehicles are involved in an accident that causes a power failure in the vehicle, then the doors couldn't be opened anyhow and it would be more time-efficient to just bust out the window in an emergency rather than to get to the manual release.

I'm not saying you're wrong or I'm right. I'm just saying that I've yet to find anything forbidding them.

In that pic the buckets are empty. When installed, the taillights are visible from the angle the picture was taken. I don't think I will have an issue getting it inspected, but if I do, I will be a little upset.

Taillamps, stop lamps, rear reflectors, license plate lamps and turn signal lamps are all that are required to be inspected at the rear. They're not specifically required to inspect sidemarkers at the front or rear. It's somewhat of a gray area, though, because if you did still have stock taillights, you would have a built-in sidemarker which could fall under the taillamp part of the inspection. If you pull into an inspection station that is a stickler for the fine points, you might have some issues, but I've never heard of it being an issue in Texas and you'll probably be fine.

RPMGraphics

I'm Awesome
Reaction score
sure can't, just what i've been told. once by the inspection guy, who didn't give me a tag because of no handles, & by a few officers. they all said it was because of safety reasons & not being able to get into the car in case of an accident. my dispute was what if my doors are locked & they replied they would break the window. i didn't argue after that,:crazy:

1badgmc

I'm Awesome
Reaction score
sure can't, just what i've been told. once by the inspection guy, who didn't give me a tag because of no handles, & by a few officers. they all said it was because of safety reasons & not being able to get into the car in case of an accident. my dispute was what if my doors are locked & they replied they would break the window. i didn't argue after that,:crazy:

They could have been talking out their ***** or just going by hearsay too. The whole "accident" argument is bogus. If it's coming from a cop, that's real BS. His flashlight or billy club can easily bust out a window, which would have to be done in many accidents anyhow, regardless of whether or not there were door handles.

sewlow

Bitchin' Stitchin'
Reaction score
Ever see what a piece of porcelain can do to a vehicle's window? A piece off of a broken spark plug, 1/2 the size of a dime, thrown moderately hard, will cause the window to literally explode. Thieves know this. So do the cops. I keep a piece in my console. Just in case I need to help someone that's been in an accident get out of their car. Or to get out of mine.

http://youtu.be/SYnjz_HmfBI