Looking for Engine Advice

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

carluvr

Reaction score
I have a '95 TBI 350 Z71 that I plan to have for a long time. The truck has 157k and still runs well, but I'm thinking ahead as to what my best options are engine-wise for it in the future. The truck in my daily driver and during the summer I pull about 5K worth of travel trailer/camping equipment/family on the weekends.

I recently bought a low mileage ('93k) totalled '99 Yukon Denali with a Vortec 350 that runs well. My plan is to pull the engine (it wasn't damaged) and have it set aside on an engine stand in the garage until I decide what I should do with it. I also have a '96 Suburban with 180k that the engine would bolt right into, but I'd rather not spend any more time/money on that vehicle as I don't know how much longer we'll have it. I have limited knowledge of engines and a limited budget but but I do have a garage and access to an engine puller and stand so I'm wondering what the best thing is to do. I know that putting a Vortec in a TBI can be complicated but I feel like this engine is an excellent candidate and, with it pulled and on a stand in my garage, I'll have plenty of time to work on it and do the modifications that I would need to do in order to put it in my '95 at some point.

Thoughts?????

Thanks in advance,
Shawn