Looking for carpeted floor mats.

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

Reaction score
Would like to find some red carpeted floor mats for my 96 K 1500 without the Lloyds price. I let a nice pair go when I sold a Camaro years ago, haven't found them for sale anywhere.

sewlow

Bitchin' Stitchin'
Reaction score
Have you tried asking any of your local upholstery people?
I've made custom floor mats before.
Cut the carpet to shape, then glue that to regular household plastic carpet runner. (Black or clear. Your choice.)
The kind with all the little spikes on the bottom side to hold 'em in place.
Once the carpet is glued to the runner, the runner gets cut to shape.
Flip the mats over & trim off the little spikes 1" away from the edges. Then, the new mats get a binding all around.
Trimming the spikes away from the edge just makes it easier to stitch on the binding.
I've even done these with custom embroidery/logos. Stitched into the carpet before it's glued to the runner.
I don't have the means to do embroidery so that's sent out to a third party. Usually a custom T-shirt/ball-cap shop.

Reaction score
Have you tried asking any of your local upholstery people?
I've made custom floor mats before.
Cut the carpet to shape, then glue that to regular household plastic carpet runner. (Black or clear. Your choice.)
The kind with all the little spikes on the bottom side to hold 'em in place.
Once the carpet is glued to the runner, the runner gets cut to shape.
Flip the mats over & trim off the little spikes 1" away from the edges. Then, the new mats get a binding all around.
Trimming the spikes away from the edge just makes it easier to stitch on the binding.
I've even done these with custom embroidery/logos. Stitched into the carpet before it's glued to the runner.
I don't have the means to do embroidery so that's sent out to a third party. Usually a custom T-shirt/ball-cap shop.

That sounds like a great idea, problem is there is nothing like that within hours of my location.

sewlow

Bitchin' Stitchin'
Reaction score
I'd offer to do them. A 400 is a 400.
Front floors are all the same & I have one here.
But...
My shop's equipment is all in storage.
W-a-a-y in the back of an 18'x20' unit, stacked 6' high, behind damn near everything else I own.
I told the movers, more than once....
House stuff was to be on one side, shop stuff on the other.
They didn't listen.
Those guys were movers for a reason.
Strong like bull. Smart like tractor