looking for a rear step pad part number

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

draginlow

Supporting Member
Supporting Member
Reaction score
i hope someone can help me, so 2 years ago i picked up a new rear bumper for my dually. the local supply house had the bumper but not the step pad, they said they were out of stock and to check back, well i forgot and now i'm trying to finish the truck, i called back to get one ordered to find they have discounted that bumper through there suppler and cant get them. its a oem bumper but without the impact strips. so ive been searching and all the part numbers i find cant give me any info if it's for the bumper W/O the strips. went to the local dealer and they were not much help because i dint have a vin to look up since mine didn't come with that bumper. i think its gm# 15607160 but cant be sure. has anyone ran into this? or dose there truck have this bumper that i can get the vin for? thanks for any help. i put a photo of the bumper i have and what i'm looking for.

You must be registered for see images

You must be registered for see images attach

df2x4

4L60E Destroyer
Staff member
Super Moderator
Reaction score
Will the step pad off a regular bumper with the impact strips not work? I was always under the impression that the strips and the pad were two separate pieces, and the bumpers with no strips used the same pads. Like what's on this page of the LMC catalog.

http://www.lmctruck.com/icatalog/cd/full.aspx?Page=75

EDIT - Read a little bit closer and it looks like they list different parts for the pads depending on whether the bumper has the strips or not, so they probably are different. Looks like they have the part you need though, 31-3330. Not sure what the actual GM part number is.

Last edited:

draginlow

Supporting Member
Supporting Member
Reaction score
they are different, the one for the impact strip hangs over. i seen lmc has the pad for the correct one but they have a $20 oversize charge and with shipping its over $80, i've had a bad experience with lmc and kinda wanted to stay away. but that is a option to get it from them if i have to. and there part number doesn't cross over to anything.

df2x4

4L60E Destroyer
Staff member
Super Moderator
Reaction score
Yeah I caught that and edited my original post while you were responding, sorry. Sorry to hear you had a bad experience with LMC too. They've been great for me, although a tad overpriced on some stuff.

draginlow

Supporting Member
Supporting Member
Reaction score
its cool, thanks for the link, i had a part that was damaged and took forever to get it taken care of. they wanted all kinds of photos and because the box was not damaged they were trying to way i damaged it. really turned me off to them. they are overpriced but they have everything ha ha.

Bob L

I'm Awesome
Reaction score
I just looked up on the Keystone website and they list a step pad for chrome bumper for 41.00. Their site says painted bumper takes a two piece pad yet my w/t with painted bumper has a one piece pad.
Part # for the one piece upper pad is GM1191103. Keystone is a nationwide aftermarket supplier for body shops and usually gives the shop 30% off list.
The local distributor for you is in Charlotte and the # is 704 374 1814. Give them a call. I buy all my aftermarket parts for my shop from them.

draginlow

Supporting Member
Supporting Member
Reaction score
Awesome thanks for the help. I'll call them Monday.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Mrbrown510

OBS Enthusiast
Reaction score
i hope someone can help me, so 2 years ago i picked up a new rear bumper for my dually. the local supply house had the bumper but not the step pad, they said they were out of stock and to check back, well i forgot and now i'm trying to finish the truck, i called back to get one ordered to find they have discounted that bumper through there suppler and cant get them. its a oem bumper but without the impact strips. so ive been searching and all the part numbers i find cant give me any info if it's for the bumper W/O the strips. went to the local dealer and they were not much help because i dint have a vin to look up since mine didn't come with that bumper. i think its gm# 15607160 but cant be sure. has anyone ran into this? or dose there truck have this bumper that i can get the vin for? thanks for any help. i put a photo of the bumper i have and what i'm looking for.

You must be registered for see images

You must be registered for see images attach
i had never seen anyone install those led lights in the bumper like that on these trucks do you use them as reverse lights? i like it ! maybe put two more in the front bumper aswell how bright are they?