looking at this tomorrow.....

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

alpinecrick

I'm Awesome
Reaction score
Yep.. someone removed the door destroyers, before they destroyed the doors.

Clean looking ride; that is a certified Grandpa Truck :)

Richard

Curious what the SS camper mirrors do to the doors? I just recently took mine off of the 96 after 270k+. I kinda' liked them as far as function go, but the aftermarket tow mirrors I installed have a much larger field of view.

someotherguy

Truly Awesome
Reaction score
Curious what the SS camper mirrors do to the doors? I just recently took mine off of the 96 after 270k+. I kinda' liked them as far as function go, but the aftermarket tow mirrors I installed have a much larger field of view.
Those huge mirrors and the support rods for them are targets for just about anything, and they're remarkably sturdy - what usually gives is the door sheetmetal. Almost every parts truck I've had with those, the door is ruined, sheetmetal ripped from the bolt holes, cratered, etc. Whereas regular mirrors, even the large folding style, just break. :) Operator error, for sure, but the damage happens nonetheless.

Richard

ChrsLytn

OBS Enthusiast
Reaction score
Looks like some of the older tow mirrors used to be installed there, the ones with the giant metal frame. I could be wrong though.
I could be wrong though,ask my wife.
That's what I usually say since they tend to think they're always right. Which we all know ain't the case. I can safely say that cause she ain't gon be reading this.