Long Tube/Full Length Headers w/ Stock Brackets?

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

NightRunner

Resident Junkman
Reaction score
Hey everyone,

Had a quick question I wanted to throw out there before I dig into my header install. I have a set of Hedman 69440 Long Tube/Full Length headers that I'd like to install over the weekend, but IIRC the power steering pump and alternator brackets are mounted to the outside most bolt/stud on the engine, and since the headers aren't thick around the tube like manifolds I'm a little worried about running into issues with fitment and the belt drive. I'm not around the truck at the moment and might just be overthinking it but I wanted some experience on the topic. Anyone else had any issues with their accessory brackets during a header install?

Thanks!

Wade

I'm Awesome
Reaction score
If you are referring to the one arm of the Power steering/alternator bracket that is bolted to the no. 1 cylinder manifold studs, then it shouldn't cause problems. I just cut off the parts of it that got in the way of the headers. Some people modify the bracket to still be able to bolt to the head though.
You must be registered for see images attach

NightRunner

Resident Junkman
Reaction score
Yeah I just ended up cutting the top part of the bracket itself off. It looks like the PS/Alternator is held on mostly by the front bracket anyways. Not too worried about that back one. If my belt comes flying off or something, then I'll look into rebracing options. Lol

Darrell

I'm Awesome
Reaction score
I removed that bracket when I rebuilt my '95 and added headers. That was about 3 years ago and no problems.