Long Time Lurker, First Time Caller

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

Excalibur35

Reaction score
Hey y’all. Been a lurker for a while, finally decided to join. Owner of a 1994 C1500 stepside with the 350. My uncle actually bought it new and I bought it from him in October of 2016. I’ve driven it since I was 16 though, so it’s always been my truck anyway. She’s bone stock. Finally gonna start tinkering with some small things here soon.

I am having an issue though that started tonight. I wanted LED bulbs. Specifically in my taillights. So, I ordered LED’s some Super Bright LED’s. First it was just reverse lights and turn signals along with the electronic flasher. Reverse lights work great. Put the left side turn signal in, changed the flasher unit and as soon as I hit the turn signal it went *POP*. Now my dash brake light is stuck on and it feels like I don’t have power brakes at all. I’m not currently driving it due to this. So if somebody can help me figure out what I screwed up, I’d greatly appreciate it. I’m gonna try and run a jumper wire and see if there is a code for the brake light so maybe that’ll help. Any other advice is appreciated.

This is Ginger

You must be registered for see images attach

You must be registered for see images attach

Excalibur35

Reaction score
I did. Yeah already looked at that thread. I got the same bulbs that are linked from SuperBright. I don’t currently have LED’s in anything but the reverse lights. So that’s why I’m wondering what popped when I changed the flasher unit. I checked fuses and everything was fine.

Excalibur35

Reaction score
Thanks for the welcome fellas.

Now, file this under one hell of a coincidence:

So, turns out I have a busted brake line. Haven’t messed with the truck in a couple days and while fiddling around noticed leaking fluid. Yep, that’s why I don’t have brakes. So, getting her towed since that’s a safety item above my skill level. Also gonna get the AC fixed too while she’s in the shop. Was planning on doing that anyway this week. Remains to be seen if it was a coincedence that the brake line busted while changing to LED, but we shall see in the next couple days. Still probably gonna send the LED’s back since the flasher unit crapped out.

94SL

I'm Awesome
Reaction score
Welcome to the site. Wow, that stinks about your brake lines and the LED/flasher problems. Did you get the problems figured out?