Long Beds vs. Short Beds

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

94_C/1500

I'm Awesome
Reaction score
Long beds

Look better and has more room for hauling. Only real downfall is when towing but it's not that big of a deal.

great white

Retirement countdown!
Reaction score
Long beds

Look better and has more room for hauling. Only real downfall is when towing but it's not that big of a deal.

Long beds are better for towing. More wheel base, more weight, more stability.

No worries of smacking the back of the cab with big fifth wheels either...

tylers88

I'm Awesome
Reaction score
i would love to get a cheap 4x4 RCLB 96+ for work/hunting but short boxes look so much nice, in my opinion anyway

thz71

Stock SUCKS!
Reaction score
this should be a poll but sb for dd/toy lb for work truck

jdyates

Ghetto Racetruck
Reaction score
Love my shorty. Kinda sucks when you have a toolbox, really limits space, but its perfect for a DD. Also comes in handy when you need to make crazy maneuvers. Did a 180 on a wet road once, then was able to turn myself around with another perfect 180 and continue driving. Don't think I'd try that with a long bed. Haha.

tylers88

I'm Awesome
Reaction score
Long beds!

Otherwise what's the point of owning a pickup? Go buy a Civic

You are a retard, why would I want to try and park a long box all the time or drag around the extra wieght of 2 1/2' more truck. I would put my 04 1500 super short box against any long box 400. And I bet a Civic would get around great in snow and mud like I go through hunting.

come on ! my DD is a 5.5feet bed! lol

I have hauled over a 1,000 pounds of sand and around 500 pounds of mulch a few times in my GMT800 crew cab super short bed