light up a gauge?

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

DragginGMC

OBS Enthusiast
Reaction score
ok so i got a kp 200psi gauge and wish to wire it to where it lights up with the oem gauges too. i was thinking on wiring it to a parking lamp wire but idk if ill need a relay or a fuse etc..
ive searched with no luck

also picked up a overhead console from a yukon for $15 would wiring the oem lights be the same?

Attachments

• 577658_416642568380952_1711704275_n.jpg
    577658_416642568380952_1711704275_n.jpg
    41.1 KB · Views: 30

Devs93

OBS 4 EVA
Reaction score
The lights in the ohc is just map lights for your gauge light you can just tap into the wires coming out of the headlight switch

DragginGMC

OBS Enthusiast
Reaction score
thanks for the response but i could do that without a fuse or relay??

addiction2bass

junkyard junkie
Reaction score
FUSE FOR SURE! for just a backlighting 5amp should be plenty from the headlight switchs parking light wire.
which reminds me i still gotta wire up mine. but i want to replace the bulb with a led to match my other lighting if i can.

but when ever running any extra power wires its ALWAYS a good idea to fuse that wire right next to where you are getting that power from! you dont need a fuse holder really, 2 female spade terminals and some electrical tape to seperate both good, just stick the fuse spade on each terminal and then slap alittle more tape around the whole thing so it cannt short out on any bare metal anywhere. its a cheap way to fuse something thats still replaceable by just removing tape and replacing the fuse and retaping if something ever does short out.

DragginGMC

OBS Enthusiast
Reaction score
ok so i think i know what your saying. fuse the parking lamp wire with a 5amp?

yea i wanna upgrade to led's too but the bulbs will do for now

Devs93

OBS 4 EVA
Reaction score
There isn't any need to fuse the bulb for the gauge if you use any led it will never even come close to pullin enough amps to blow a fuse even if its a 3 amp

the big blue bus

I'm Awesome
Reaction score
the ohc there are allready black and orange wires under headliner so tap into those. for the gauge tap into the illum. fuse or w.e its called. thats how mine are ive got switches in my console