Light options

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

Kv5137kv5137

I'm Awesome
Reaction score
Has anyone tried to put these into a Tahoe with the four light

You must be registered for see images attach

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Kv5137kv5137

I'm Awesome
Reaction score
You must be registered for see images attach

Replacing these type

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

RawbDidIt

I'm Awesome
Reaction score
You'd have to swap grills at the least, not sure if the mounts are identical either

Sent from my SM-G965U using Tapatalk

someotherguy

Truly Awesome
Reaction score
They might work, but I am not sure. You would have to get the quad style headlight brackets, buckets, and pigtails to make them work.
Huh? Negatory.. the quad sealed beams are a much smaller lamp than these. You are correct in your second statement about swapping to the W/T type grille (or similar package with the large sealed beams.)

You'd have to swap grills at the least, not sure if the mounts are identical either
Large sealed beam grille is a direct swap as long as you stick with the correct year style. 88-93 or 94-98, as the filler strip design changes on those the same as it does with the quad or composite lamp grille. Of course you'll also need the correct park lenses and corner lenses for the grille change.

You'll need the adjusters, springs, buckets, etc. for the large sealed beams, all that stuff is likely still available new under OEM part #'s though the dealer or LMC will have inflated prices. Boneyard not necessarily a good source since the springs usually rust/break, adjusters get brittle, and the buckets rust which prevents getting a good ground. New parts are best here.

Richard

someotherguy

Truly Awesome
Reaction score
That's something I did not know. :) What size would the quad sealed beams be?
The super-common rectangular sealed beam like shown in OP's picture is a 4x6 - this is used on a very wide variety of vehicles for many, many years. These were used in GMT400's of all years with the base model grille, and the W/T work truck package grille.

The far less common smaller rectangular sealed beam as seen on some 1988-1989 GMT400's with the upper level trim package (Silverado/Sierra), and a few of the last years of squarebody C/K trucks (like 1990-1991 Suburban for example) are 3x5.

(edited a little for clarification)

Richard

Last edited:

df2x4

4L60E Destroyer
Staff member
Super Moderator
Reaction score
Like Richard said, the 4"x6"s are much larger than the quad beams and you'd need to swap to the W/T grille to fit them.

Side note, if you're going with the 4"x6"s I'd definitely rather have TruckLite, GE or JWSpeaker units than the no-name "Z-OFFROAD" ones in the OP.