Lifted 88 on the barter system

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

Lord Rathbone

Reaction score
New member to the GMT400 forum. Traded my old 83 honda cb1000c motorcycle for a 88 k1500. I think I walked away with the better end of the deal! The truck only has 50xxx miles! I think the 50k however were 50k of the hardest miles, this thing isn't in the greatest of shape. I think it must have sat in a field for a couple of years collecting rust. The first thing that has to go is the bed. It is very rusted around the wheel wells, the PO tried to weld something and it looks awful and it broke. It looks like the truck used to be blue, PO spray painted it black or something and that also looks awful. Next thing that needs to get fixed is the exhaust manifold. It only has six out of the twelve bolts holding it in. That too is very rusty, the flange that connects to the y pipe (or in my case the dual exhaust) only has one bolt holding it in. The things that I do like about the truck is the lift (tuff country e-z ride i think a six inch, PO said it clears 35s no problem), I also like the exhaust, I am not sure who its made by but Its a dual exhaust with chrome tips. I haven't really heard the way its supposed to sound because of the bad manifold but i think i like it. All in all I think this is going to be a fun project, I love driving it around the ranch I work on. this thing slings mud! good in deep snow, even with the crappy tires I have on it right now.
You must be registered for see images attach

Attachments

• image (6).jpg
    image (6).jpg
    14.8 KB · Views: 23

Lord Rathbone

Reaction score
I've had it for about 2 1/2 weeks now, check engine light comes on when I drive it too far. I think that has to do with the manifold and it overheats. Ordered a pair of shorty painted headers from summit racing. 179 out the door with free shipping. They will get here in about 4 days. I decided I want to put a flatbed on the truck. It will be very useful for me and I don't ever see one with a flatbed on it. Found one on craigslist in denver who had it on an 88, so it will be nice and easy to just bolt right up. I am trading it for my Weatherby 30-06. I will be sad to let it go it is a really nice rifle, and was my first big bore! But i don't use it that much and I am getting a flatbed out of it. Going to pick it up tomorrow so I removed the bed tonight. I had to cut 5 out of the 8 bolts holding the bed. Found more rust than I had originally thought was on the pickup. Took off all of the ugly stickers on the windshield and rear window. Removed the droopy headliner, looks kinda cool without one I think. Replaced the passenger interior door handle. The window crank isn't very much fun to remove. I did have a fun evening though.

Attachments

• image (3).jpg
    image (3).jpg
    15 KB · Views: 20

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member