Lift is completely done, but still one issue persists.

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

Mik3

OBS Enthusiast
Reaction score
I recently installed the RCX 6" lift. Got it aligned for $80, got it in to the shop I work in tonight before I left and it was off terribly lol.. I was like 80 bucks for this?? I'm actually going back to Big O tomarrow to get a full or at least partial refund because that's some BS.. I have the print out from the alignment machine so.. I have the proof. Anyway, the second thing I got done was the exhaust mod, I went below the drive shaft. I know alot say go above but.. why? The frame is still lower than the exhaust, and the kicker brace is inches lower, and the skid plate is waaaay lower. So I don't really see the issue. The only issue left is I have little to no downward travel on the upper control arms and bump stops. I'm not sure what I can do to get more travel other than decranking. The problem with decranking is, my tires will rub. I believe my wheels are closer to 3.5" bs, so they are pretty close to rubbing even leveled out and with trimming in the back of the fender. The front of the truck sits about an inch lower than the back already too. I noticed while I was doing the alignment that the front alignment cams are maxed out pushing out, but the backs are in an almost neutral position, pointing down. I think if i could shift the crossmembers or something to get those closer to maxed pushing the control arm out, I'd get more travel because the bend in the control arm would be pushed away from the bump stop. It looks like at least half an inch i could gain if I could get it out even just an 8th of an inch which would be close to maxed. I see what I think I should do.. but I'm not sure what to adjust to push the fronts out and the backs in..? if that makes sense. My theory is.. the front of the control arm drop bracket has to go out to fix the maxed problem, so I can possibly get closer to the spec on camber/caster. I'm thinking i can either loosen the bolts mounting it to the stock location and pry it out(or in?), or add some washers to the thick spacer washers between it and the frame. Thoughts/Suggestions?