Lift Install Help: Superlift (Inner Tie Rod End)

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

99'Subourbon

Longroof NOOA Member
Reaction score
The superlift install instructions advise you to drop the front hub assemblies as 1 unit. To do so, you disconnect the Brake Line, the CV Axle form the differential, and then the Inner Tie Rod Ends. Easy enough... except the inner tie rod ends. Even with the removal tool, there isn't enough room to crank on the nut to pop the tie rod end loose. Outside of beating it with a hammer and a pickle, I don't see how this is going to happen. I have new moog parts, so I don't want to ruin them.

Any tips/advice?

SwampHound

GMT400 Love Guru
Reaction score
Just so we're clear, you've gotten the inner tie rod disconnected, but can't get it slid off the center link?

SwampHound

GMT400 Love Guru
Reaction score
IIRC I ignored that step and just disconnected the tie rod ends, and dropped the center link as a whole, with the tie rods connected.

99'Subourbon

Longroof NOOA Member
Reaction score
IIRC I ignored that step and just disconnected the tie rod ends, and dropped the center link as a whole, with the tie rods connected.

Awesome, I think that's what I may do. I'm waiting for Mike to give me a call back, but that sounds like the route I am going to do. I just spent an hour or so yesterday on it, got to the Inner Tie Rod Ends step, and was like "wtf?", and stopped.

SwampHound

GMT400 Love Guru
Reaction score
I just kinda did the disassembly how I wanted to lol. Took out the torsion bars first, dropped the cross member, then dropped the UCAs, knuckle and LCA as one giant (PAIN IN THE BUTT. But worth it) peice.

99'Subourbon

Longroof NOOA Member
Reaction score
Yeah that's what i am going to do, as the instructions state. There just isnt any room to use a tie rod end puller on that inner tie rod.. you've got like 2 inches between the front cross member, and the radiator support.
Mike told me the kit came with break lines, but I didn't get any... Did yours? I need to get some c-clamps for them today, so they don't bleed everywhere when I remove them from the break caliper.

99'Subourbon

Longroof NOOA Member
Reaction score
Negative. Mine did not come with brake lines.

Gotcha, he musta misunderstood what I asked him.

So I went out to the garage and removed the outer tie rod end... got it off easy as pie, was turning it out of the way, and the inner tie rod end fell out LOL. Sooo stupid. I've been presoaking everything for a week now with wd-40 penetrating spray, and it's made it very easy so far.