Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

Reaction score
So, I got myself a set of LED parking light/turn signals for my 95 Sierra. They came with just one plug-in on each light. Of course, I tested them and yes, hyper-flashing. But when a bulb is put in the empty socket with the new lights they work as they should. I'm I going to have to create a dummy load to plug in to the empty socket? Has anyone ever seen a one plug LED parking light?

You must be registered for see images attach

98chevy2500SS

Specializes in Accessories 101
Reaction score
Those parking lights should've came with two plugs per assembly. Would you be able to post pictures of them? If you don't mind.

If those did only come with one plug per assembly, then I wouldn't worry about the one "dead" plug. I would just tape over it so that water wouldn't get in it.

Reaction score
Ahg! Uhm, I'll see what I can do. I did install them. I plugged the bulb into the socket and tucked it inside for now. I looked all over the thing for another plug. But there is really nothing else I could find.

This is how it came. With the plug tuck into the assembly.

98chevy2500SS

Specializes in Accessories 101
Reaction score
That tiny connector is for the load resistor pack. That is another way that stops the hyperflash.

ima93chevyguy

Zip-Tie Mechanic
Reaction score
Pretty much every set I've ever seen had two plugs on each light and also had two load resistors on each light. That's how mine are aswell.

Reaction score
That tiny connector is for the load resistor pack. That is another way that stops the hyperflash.

Oh I know that's for the resistor pack. The plug that connects to the light socket is in the housing behind the taped over holes for the bulb socket to twist into. But again, there's only one. So I'm wondering if the manufacturer thinks if everyone figured on using a different relay they can make it with just one plug-in.

someotherguy

Truly Awesome
Reaction score
Or, manufacturing defect - other plug left off in error, or it's jammed in there during assembly? Dunno.

I wouldn't throw a bulb in the empty socket just to create a dummy load, nor would I install a resistor. I'd hack the stock flasher and be done with it.

Richard

Reaction score
This is what I have going on.

I tried putting in a Novita EP 28 3 terminal LED flasher relay. That's what my 95 Sierra is compatible with. I then tried taking the bulb out to see if something different happens. It went back to hyper flashing. I tried contacting the seller but I haven't gotten a response. I guess if I get the parts for the BA15d socket I might be able to put together a dummy load to try to fix this.