LED Parking Light Trouble

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

77Concours

I'm Awesome
Reaction score
I bought a set of smoked lenses (corners, headlights, and parking lights) the parking lights have LEDs built in and tried to install them once before with bad results related to my sockets. Sockets are now fixed and I tried to install them again today, they light up fine but the two directional arrows on my cluster are lit up. When signaling left, right, or when I put the hazards on there is one click like I had signaled but the arrows nor the parking lights will flash. I have an EP29 flasher installed and I also have "plug and play" LED tail lights but I know that PROSHOZ71 on here has a similar type of tails and has no problem with his front parking lights.

Only other LEDs on the exterior of my truck other than tails and what would be parking lights are:

2 194s for my front corner lenses
Cool white back up lights

I honestly can't think of anything, please help!

Sampuppy1

Diesel nut
Reaction score
Flasher modules under the dash gone bad? Maybe the turn signal switch or even the 4 ways switch. I learned by fiddling with these switches that if you feather them in the right spot you can make your lights do all sorts of fun things. I haven't dealt with this before but it's a place to start.

monical

Reaction score
It is really hard to understand,could you please make it easy ?

77Concours

I'm Awesome
Reaction score
Flasher modules under the dash gone bad? Maybe the turn signal switch or even the 4 ways switch. I learned by fiddling with these switches that if you feather them in the right spot you can make your lights do all sorts of fun things. I haven't dealt with this before but it's a place to start.

Thank you! I'll start there and work my way up to more major problems.

It is really hard to understand,could you please make it easy ?

When they are installed and I turn my lights on they light up like they are supposed to. When the lights are on and I signal left, right, or turn my 4 ways on they don't flash. Even when they are off the green arrows by my gauges are both lit up at the same time.

Sampuppy1

Diesel nut
Reaction score
I have led tails. Under the dash is the tie signal flasher/relay. When the ohm resistance on the circuit drops below a nominal resistance value the relay trips and causes the hyper flash. My tails used just enough the relay was going nuts under the dash. I went to napa and they had a replacement flasher with no relay. Believe it or not it was called aftermarket flasher for led lights. Thank you napa. It ran me about $16.

97PROSHOZ71

IG - @bad_z71
Reaction score
I have all LED on mine. I changed to a heavy duty flasher and it fixed it.

Sent from my Vortec Powered iPhone using Tapatalk

Sampuppy1

Diesel nut
Reaction score
Cheaper than replacing the turn signal switch. If the new flasher don't help I would start testing wires and grounds. Those switches aren't fun to replace especially if you have an air bag. I've taken a few columns apart and it's still a PITA. Plus they are anything but cheap. Priced a new one from a dealer for my 97 and about pooped when they told me $350.