LED Parking Light Trouble

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

2000CCSB

CrewCab Stalker
Reaction score
call me crazy but would I be outta line by asking if you tested the new LED signals outta the truck?
I know kind of a strange question but lets say they came bad in the box and the "high" side has some how grounded out, or lost connection. that would turn on your indicator lights and make them not flash. I think I would start by inspecting the new lamps.
just my point of view but I'm not there to help. My advice is only worth what you pay for it :):shrug:

jdyates

Ghetto Racetruck
Reaction score
An EP29 flasher is just a regular stock flasher. You need one made specifically for LEDs. I had hyperflash when i had white LEDs in my parking lighs, but when I put the flasher in, worked fine. If that doesn't help, I'd check the fuses under the dash/under the hood for popped ones. Seriously, do that now. 99% of the electrical problems I've had with my truck were a popped fuse.

Sampuppy1

Diesel nut
Reaction score
An EP29 flasher is just a regular stock flasher. You need one made specifically for LEDs. I had hyperflash when i had white LEDs in my parking lighs, but when I put the flasher in, worked fine. If that doesn't help, I'd check the fuses under the dash/under the hood for popped ones. Seriously, do that now. 99% of the electrical problems I've had with my truck were a popped fuse.

x47. I had issues with intermittent turn signal In-op for years. I ignored it cause it was occasional. Let a buddy drive it one day and they wouldn't work so he got curious. Pulled the fuse and noticed dirty contacts on it. Yeah how often does that sh.t happen. He scratched on it with a key since I didn't have a spare fuse and he popped her back in. Worked fine.

77Concours

I'm Awesome
Reaction score
call me crazy but would I be outta line by asking if you tested the new LED signals outta the truck?
I know kind of a strange question but lets say they came bad in the box and the "high" side has some how grounded out, or lost connection. that would turn on your indicator lights and make them not flash. I think I would start by inspecting the new lamps.
just my point of view but I'm not there to help. My advice is only worth what you pay for it :):shrug:

I haven't tested them off the truck, I'll keep your info in mind but right now I'm going to try the cheapest options first because I don't have any money to spend for new lights at the moment haha.

I'll grab one of those after I get paid on Friday and install it. If that doesn't work I'll check the fuses!

monical

Reaction score
You need to replace the lights, I suggest. I haven't had the same problem like you.

LNL98

Reaction score
I am having the exact same issue on my truck, (1998 sierra) I have LEDs in the rear, and they hyperflash right now. I bought LED parking lights and am having the same problems you described. I was wondering if you resolved your problem, and if so, how?

sewlow

Bitchin' Stitchin'
Reaction score
An EP29 flasher is just a regular stock flasher.

EP29 is digital. Works off of 'time' as opposed to 'load'. LEDs are more efficient which makes the stock flasher produce 'Hyper-flash', which is normally an indicator of a burnt out bulb, due to less load.
But, yes, I've seen where the EP-29's do not work as they should for some reason, & a specific flasher for LEDs cures the prob.