LED headlights

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

scottydl

I'm Awesome
Reaction score
You're right, the Amazon database claims non-fit but that's an error. Part number is 9006, any headlight bulb with that configuration is what fits these trucks, along with hundreds of other makes/models throughout the 90s and 2000s. It's a very common model. When twisting them into place within the headlight housings, I was shining the light on my garage door and stopped twisting before reaching the bulb's stopping point... in order to keep the beam "straight" as appropriate. You'll understand what I mean if/when you do that.

As far as the price, I currently see $37.99 new with a checkbox for 20% off coupon also. Nice! For Amazon Warehouse prices, keep scrolling down below the main price box and you should see "Buy Used" or "Other Sellers" or "Other Buying Options" and that will take you to Marketplace sellers including Amazon Warehouse (current best price $20.30). Those are factory returns that they can't re-sell as New, and I buy TONS of stuff that way. Sometimes the package is opened or slightly marred, but I almost never have product issues buying that way. You can save a lot of $$ with the same Amazon return guarantees if there are any issues.

scottydl

I'm Awesome
Reaction score
Need vs want.... I still want high beams!

Ok, let me rephrase ... You'll never WANT high beams after installing using these AuxBeam lows! ;)

I kept the OEM high beams installed, but their paltry light output compared to LED was almost comical. No need or want for them, in my experience. If you want LED high beams, I'm sure those options are available too from Amazon or elsewhere, whether AuxBeam or another brand. The mate to many 9006 low beams is 9005 high beams, but I haven't verified that for OBS trucks.

TexasAggie

I'm Awesome
Reaction score
I couldn't resist and bought these bulbs to go along with the low beams -

https://smile.amazon.com/gp/product/B07FGG7MD8/ref=ppx_yo_dt_b_asin_title_o08_s00?ie=UTF8&psc=1

If you think the 9006 low beams are bright, give these guys a try! I also wired up the 4-high setup and I am very pleased with the results. The low beams have the same cutoff as the halogen bulbs and the brights are insanely bright. I can see much better and am not taxing the factory wiring anymore, all for ~$100.

b454rat

I'm Awesome
Reaction score
So all 4 was $100?? Can you get a pic of the light output? I live in the sticks, pitch black at night. I have a light bar on my truck, but the Tahoe is stock lights. Head light mod will be done too.

TexasAggie

I'm Awesome
Reaction score
So all 4 was $100?? Can you get a pic of the light output? I live in the sticks, pitch black at night. I have a light bar on my truck, but the Tahoe is stock lights. Head light mod will be done too.

All 4 bulbs and the painless 4high kit for $100. I'll get a picture next week when she is up and running again (I pulled the computer and sent it to be programmed).