LED headlights

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

Edward Case

OBS Enthusiast
Reaction score
From a factual standpoint, not really. From what I understand it's pretty widely accepted that the human eye's sensitivity to colors in visible light peaks around 550 nm (greenish yellow) and declines as the wavelength gets shorter or longer. I know some people prefer a more blue light but IMO the science doesn't seem to back that up, nor do my experiments.

I do like the idea of being able to change the light color on demand for bad weather. I've seen switchable LEDs that do 3000K or 6000K but for some reason it never dawned on me that you could accomplish the same thing with RGBs. That's pretty clever.
Maybe if yellow light was more intense then it would be good, but yellow always feels like sunglasses at night.

df2x4

4L60E Destroyer
Staff member
Super Moderator
Reaction score
Maybe if yellow light was more intense then it would be good, but yellow always feels like sunglasses at night.

Yeah, you really don't want anything close to selective yellow all the time IMO. It's most commonly used in fog lights. I just brought it up to make the point that a more yellow tinted light like you get from a halogen isn't necessarily a bad thing. Less glare than the more blue tinted LEDs create in certain bad weather situations for example.

b454rat

I'm Awesome
Reaction score
I don't wanna spend a **** ton on lights lol. the stockers aren't bad, but lil more lights won't be too bad. I live in the country so there is zero light other than my Tahoe, and deer all over. So be nice to see lil farther out to see if any those lil ******** runnin' out in front of me!! Need to do the headlight mod first...

Trenton

Just a Texan transplanted in the Rockies
Reaction score
I don't wanna spend a **** ton on lights lol.

You don't have to spend a **** ton honestly. The Painless Wiring 4 Hi Relay Kit is $30 and the Yufanya LED 9005 High Beam bulbs I ordered from Amazon were $46. In total, ~$75 and you have a TON more light.

b454rat

I'm Awesome
Reaction score
I can make the wiring n relays I have, but a good kit will have larger gauge wiring, like the ones a member here sells.

Ehall8702

I'm Awesome
Reaction score
I can make the wiring n relays I have, but a good kit will have larger gauge wiring, like the ones a member here sells.
You don't need bigger wire , you are pulling less amperage with leds. I cut the factory tan and grey wires along driver fender near ecm and added relay for 4hi mod. Think of it this way, if factory wiring was sufficient for the 40+ watt bulb it came with it's overkill for the 8watt led u r replacing it with. Don't waste ur money on a whole wiring kit, when all u need is a 5 prong relay and relay plug ( or female spade connectors if u are good like that). It's a simple mod and have had mine on factory wire for almost 5 years in 3 if my trucks with ZERO issues. Don't complicate something so easy!

Ehall8702

I'm Awesome
Reaction score
The isincer brand have a 5 year warranty, and are about $25 for all four upfront if our trucks. Had all of mine for over 5 years ( 3 trucks) with only 1 bulb failure so far

scottydl

I'm Awesome
Reaction score
I used plug-and-play replacement 9006 LED bulbs for low beams on my Suburban, and they were AWESOME. They were so clear, bright, and projected so well that I never used the high beams again. I got AuxBeam brand from Amazon for under $40/pair, pure white light (no funky colors) and I aimed them properly using the stock headlight housings so as not to blind other drivers. The AuxBeam bulbs (and probably most drop-in LED replacements) have a heat sink attached to the back that takes up more rear-end space than OEM, but my Burb had plenty of open space available.

(EDIT: Just noticed on the Amazon page that Warehouse (used inventory) has them for $20/pair!! There is no reason I would NOT buy these right now, if I were you.)

See daytime photo below on my Burb. I took a side-by-side "garage door test" photo (cant find it now) of LED vs. OEM halogen, and the results were very similar to the car shown below... that photo pulled from the Amazon product reviews section. You won't believe the difference once you have them!

You must be registered for see images attach

You must be registered for see images attach

I've love to put the same AuxBeam 9006's in my NBS Silverado dually, but it doesn't have clearance behind the OEM headlight housings for the LED heat sinks. I upgraded to Sylvania Silverstar Ultras instead, which are whiter/brighter than OEM but not nearly as good as LEDs. Plus more expensive than the Auxbeams, oddly enough. I do have AuxBeam H11 LEDs in my 2013 Traverse, which fit great and look/perform fantastic.

Last edited:

b454rat

I'm Awesome
Reaction score
Do you have a part number? When I click on that link it says wont fit my vehicle. And still says $40 for the pair lol.