LED headlights

Discussion in 'Audio + Electronics' started by b454rat, Nov 17, 2020.

1. Edward Case

Edward Case Newbie

Maybe if yellow light was more intense then it would be good, but yellow always feels like sunglasses at night.

2. df2x4

df2x4 Domestics only.

Yeah, you really don't want anything close to selective yellow all the time IMO. It's most commonly used in fog lights. I just brought it up to make the point that a more yellow tinted light like you get from a halogen isn't necessarily a bad thing. Less glare than the more blue tinted LEDs create in certain bad weather situations for example.

thegawd likes this.
  3. b454rat

b454rat I'm Awesome

I don't wanna spend a shit ton on lights lol. the stockers aren't bad, but lil more lights won't be too bad. I live in the country so there is zero light other than my Tahoe, and deer all over. So be nice to see lil farther out to see if any those lil bastards runnin' out in front of me!! Need to do the headlight mod first...

4. Trenton

Trenton Just a Texan transplanted in the Rockies

You don't have to spend a shit ton honestly. The Painless Wiring 4 Hi Relay Kit is $30 and the Yufanya LED 9005 High Beam bulbs I ordered from Amazon were $46. In total, ~$75 and you have a TON more light.

thegawd likes this.
  5. b454rat

b454rat I'm Awesome

I can make the wiring n relays I have, but a good kit will have larger gauge wiring, like the ones a member here sells.

6. Ehall8702

Ehall8702 I'm Awesome

You don't need bigger wire , you are pulling less amperage with leds. I cut the factory tan and grey wires along driver fender near ecm and added relay for 4hi mod. Think of it this way, if factory wiring was sufficient for the 40+ watt bulb it came with it's overkill for the 8watt led u r replacing it with. Don't waste ur money on a whole wiring kit, when all u need is a 5 prong relay and relay plug ( or female spade connectors if u are good like that). It's a simple mod and have had mine on factory wire for almost 5 years in 3 if my trucks with ZERO issues. Don't complicate something so easy!

7. badyellowvette

badyellowvette Newbie

I put GTR Ultra 2 LED in my daily driver and you wouldn't believe the light they put out. Lights up my neighbors yard like a football field when I leave for work in the morning. They are expensive but worth it, I have been burned with cheap ones before. Lifetime guarantee.

https://www.headlightrevolution.com/better_lighting_led/low_high_fogs

8. Ehall8702

Ehall8702 I'm Awesome

The isincer brand have a 5 year warranty, and are about $25 for all four upfront if our trucks. Had all of mine for over 5 years ( 3 trucks) with only 1 bulb failure so far