Leather Seat Covers

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

BigDaddy72

OBS Enthusiast
Reaction score
Here’s 2 full custom interiors I did recently.

One was a 55 Chevy and the other was a 33 Ford.

The 33 Ford I built the car and the Interior.

YouTube how to R&R a seat cover you will get more out of that and you can play it back if you have additional questions.

It is not difficult at all.

Attachments

• 4231566D-9417-4535-862B-F9D6F395BAB2.jpeg
    4231566D-9417-4535-862B-F9D6F395BAB2.jpeg
    281.2 KB · Views: 13
  • ECA6B8BE-9ED4-487B-993B-CD6F3982AF46.jpeg
    ECA6B8BE-9ED4-487B-993B-CD6F3982AF46.jpeg
    370.2 KB · Views: 13

Armalite15

I'm Awesome
Reaction score
Well I wouldn’t call it easy but then again I don’t do it for a living. I ended up using nothing but the seat pan from the donor seat I bought. I even changed out the spring pack from my original seat and the foam which was perfect. The donor seat was cloth so it didn’t have the Velcro strips on it anyway. I bought the covers from The Seat Shop in Texas, they have a three video set on doing the seat bottom but I couldn’t find one for the top or back. Maybe I just wasn’t searching properly. I was unclear on the headrest so ended up cutting the original cover off and lost a little foam in the process. Second issue was the arm rest. I cut the two sides off but left the center part of the original cover in place and stretched the cover over and zipped it in place then cut for the stem and the stop pin. Anyway it’s done the cutting for the levers and the headrest guides and the switches was a little nerve racking but cut small and work it out slowly is all I can suggest. I’m happy with the quality of the covers but I’d like to have had a little more reference on the arm rest and headrest.

1952Chevy

I'm Awesome
Reaction score
I've been looking at seat covers trying to figure out what to do. I just priced out a set of these, and I may just search and do a seat swap these are pretty spendy. I could probably get away with not doing the headrests, but I need the bottom, top, and arm rest for the drivers and bottom for the passenger. I figure if I'm going to tear both seats apart to do this, it would make more sense to do it all at once, but at over $1000 that might have to wait.

Yours turned out great though. I would have been super nervous making any cuts after spending that much money. Kind of surprised they aren't pre cut.