Keyless reciever, metal boxes - tahoe 96

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

Morten

Reaction score
Hi, I am trying to identify the original keyless reciever module, I know the truck came with it because it has the "AU0" on the sticker in the glovebox. I looked and found these 2 metal boxes, I think the box to the right of the steering colum is the stock amplifier for the rear speakers, and the metal box to the left, is that the keyless reciever?

Regards Morten.

You must be registered for see images attach

You must be registered for see images attach

Morten

Reaction score
Ok, after spending some more time looking for the keyless reciever, I think I found it, right beside the metal box to the right, there is a plastic box that looks real ****** to get to, google tells me it could be that one???

so I guess you have to unbolt the bracket that holds it, correct?

RawbDidIt

I'm Awesome
Reaction score

RawbDidIt

I'm Awesome
Reaction score
thank you sir!
Yeah man. Out of curiosity, what are the symptoms? My keyless entry doesn't work either, and I don't know if it's the remote or the receiver, is there a way to diagnose? I tried reprogramming it and no dice, then other priorities took over and it got lost in the shuffle. It's time to revisit that I think.

Sent from my SM-G965U using Tapatalk

jaywestfall

I'm Awesome
Reaction score
Mine stopped working, too, but I had the GM dealer kit installed. The fobs have been tested, and they are working.

RawbDidIt

I'm Awesome
Reaction score
Mine stopped working, too, but I had the GM dealer kit installed. The fobs have been tested, and they are working.
Can I test the fob at auto zone with their stupid battery tester? If the receiver is broken will the locks not cycle when you put it in pairing mode? I haven't been able to find any solid diagnosing steps, so I have a feeling I'll have to buy a new remote, test that, if it still won't pair, buy a new receiver

jaywestfall

I'm Awesome
Reaction score
Can I test the fob at auto zone with their stupid battery tester? If the receiver is broken will the locks not cycle when you put it in pairing mode? I haven't been able to find any solid diagnosing steps, so I have a feeling I'll have to buy a new remote, test that, if it still won't pair, buy a new receiver

My installer tested them for me, and he says they work. Now he wants me to chuck the dealer kit and buy a new one from him. I know I can't pay him enough to figure out how to fix the existing receiver unless it's something simple like a loose wire. BTW, the dealer kit is no longer available, and I have been trying to locate one for a long time...no luck so far. I have not been able to do any solid diagnosing, either for the same reason. No solid steps.

Right now, my funds are going to pay for a 5 channel amp and sub install, so this has taken a back seat.

RawbDidIt

I'm Awesome
Reaction score
My installer tested them for me, and he says they work. Now he wants me to chuck the dealer kit and buy a new one from him. I know I can't pay him enough to figure out how to fix the existing receiver unless it's something simple like a loose wire. BTW, the dealer kit is no longer available, and I have been trying to locate one for a long time...no luck so far. I have not been able to do any solid diagnosing, either for the same reason. No solid steps.

Right now, my funds are going to pay for a 5 channel amp and sub install, so this has taken a back seat.
I might just pull a battery down to the local junk yard and test receivers down there.

RawbDidIt

I'm Awesome
Reaction score
Why not install it yourself? Super easy install