Keyless entry with manual locks?

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

southernhunter

OBS Enthusiast
Reaction score
Well I'm not sure if there is a thread on this already but I can't seem to find one. But I have a 98 cheyenne, base model truck. It has the manual locks and windows. I want to put the keyless entry on it, but what do I need to do this? I don't really mind not having the automic locks inside the truck, just would like to be able to lock/unlock it from the outside with the remote. Also, I've been thinkin about a remote start, but again, I was wondering what all had to be done to make this happen and if it would be crazy expensive.

bluex

Mall Crawlin' ****!!!
Supporting Member
Reaction score
Ya that one gets you power locks an remote entry....

bluex

Mall Crawlin' ****!!!
Supporting Member
Reaction score
No prob bob. Those are some of the better kits out there, there are some cheaper I'm sure if cost is an issue....

Reaction score
I'm sure it comes with a wiring diagram as well, but when installing that, the wires for your locks are directional. Meaning if you hook them up backwards, when you hit lock, it will unlock. And so on.

southernhunter

OBS Enthusiast
Reaction score
I think I'll just save up for that kit, I'd rather buy a good one instead of a cheaper one and have it fail.

And Thanks Shrimpina, I'll be sure to read the instructions so I don't hook it up wrong lol

1low95GMC

I'm Awesome
Reaction score
No need to get those expensive locks get the cheep ones off eBay. I have them hooked u to a Viper keyless entry syetem and works great I used the relays included in the power lock kit. I have it on my daily driver for a year and not have had any problems