Jumper Cables

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

95Escahoe

I'm Awesome
Reaction score
I would like to pick up a set of jumper cables just to have incase myself or anyone ever needs a jump, seen a few different guage wires what is a good guage to go with?

Sent from my HTC One X using Tapatalk

SkyHighColorado

^LIFTED^
Reaction score
The biggest you can find. I think mine are 1 or 0. Make sure the copper Connectors that clamp the terminals are securely mounted I have had a couple cheap sets break off on me at a bad time!

SCOTTYINWV

si vis pacem, para bellum
Reaction score
The best jumper cables are homemade from a set of welding leads :deal:

Some mother fvcker stole mine :nono: :biggun:

IOWNJUNK

I'm Awesome
Reaction score
The best jumper cables are homemade from a set of welding leads :deal:

Some mother fvcker stole mine :nono: :biggun:

This!

I scored a set of homemade jumper cables in a box at an auction. 30 feet long with parrot head clamps and 1ga wire. I guard them with my life! I have smaller sets in the trunk of all my other cars, they work fine for smaller vehicles but tend to get hot under a big load.

If you have to buy new, get the heaviest wire and biggest clamps you can afford.

great white

Retirement countdown!
Reaction score
Personally, I like these: http://www.hardworkingtrucks.com/i-light-battery-jumper-cables/

Wouldn't buy a set, but will eventually build 'em. My truck already has the warn quick connect (used to have removable winch). Probably use 2-4 gauge wire.

I will be able to jump (or be jumped) without opening the hood. I'll also be making connections away from the battery. A nice safety feature with an "offgassing" battery.

I've seen a battery blow up before.

No thank you. Scarry as hell. Had to throw away my shorts that day, unclean-able.

:rofl:

Last edited:

FastOrange

OBSless
Reaction score
I made my own set with old welding cable from work, Nothing wrong with the cable, had to be replaced by law, cause it had some nicks and tears in it, nothing a little black tape couldn't fix.

i just bought some welding ground clamps from local store.

twomanymontes

car show addict
Reaction score
Mine are a semi expensive set, I believe they are 1 gauge. I need to replace them soon. the Clamps are twisted and don't always grab the terminals correctly.

I like the welding cable and clamp idea.

IOWNJUNK

I'm Awesome
Reaction score
Mine are a semi expensive set, I believe they are 1 gauge. I need to replace them soon. the Clamps are twisted and don't always grab the terminals correctly.

I like the welding cable and clamp idea.

If the cable isn't beat up too bad you can just replace the clamps. Tractor supply or a welding supply store will have them.