JET DST tuning thread

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

letitsnow

I'm Awesome
Reaction score
I have nothing of value to add to this yet, as I've just ordered mine from Summit.

There are a few of us here that have these tuners now - thought it would be nice to share info, as there isn't much info or support out there for these.

My truck is tuned by BB and runs real well. I bought the jet to make some small changes to the way the trans shifts/tcc locks, and to fine tune my speedometer. It will also be nice to have the option to make other changes in the future.

best97obs

I'm Awesome
Reaction score
So far... how hard is it to use DST? I'm talking to @df2x4 in a thread I created about it. I wanted to know if someone like me(average person) could use DST.

I have a 97 C1500 with a 5.7 and I recently got my exhaust done and the exhaust shop recommended I got my 2 rear O2 sensors deleted. Would I be able to do that with DST?

Also need to correct speedometer after new wheels and tires. 245/45/R19

How hard is it to tune the motor for better performance with stock motor?

Supercharged111

Truly Awesome
Reaction score
Deleting O2s and correcting a speedo is JV stuff for tuning software. Tuning for power requires a bit more competence, but there are a couple of us around to assist with that.

best97obs

I'm Awesome
Reaction score
Alright thanks man. The first thing I am gonna do when I buy DST is the O2 sensors and speedo correction.

Before I 383 and 4L80E swap my truck I wanted to see what kind of power I can get out of my 5.7 and 4L60E with DST. Really no need just thought it I wanted to have a little fun with yhe old stuff before I put the new stuff in.

L31MaxExpress

I'm Awesome
Reaction score
Alright thanks man. The first thing I am gonna do when I buy DST is the O2 sensors and speedo correction.

Before I 383 and 4L80E swap my truck I wanted to see what kind of power I can get out of my 5.7 and 4L60E with DST. Really no need just thought it I wanted to have a little fun with yhe old stuff before I put the new stuff in.
Just swap the PCM to an 0411. The 97 PCM is not worth wasting time with. 0411 runs a lot better right out of the box. HP Tuners probably also has the best datalogging software I have used.