Jet 6 Pack Questions

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

wb292

I'm Awesome
Reaction score
I picked up a 91 K1500 with a 350 and a 5 speed. The PO installed a Jet 6 Pack chip. The truck has a air pump that is making noise and the pulley is wobbling. So I am planning on deleting it. So I un plugged the wires to the pump and after 20 min of driving I never got a CEL. I know the light works because it comes on for a moment at each start up. Would the Jet 6pack turn off the air pump code? I also tried this with the EGR and still no code. Did the Jet turn off the EGR code as well?

df2x4

4L60E Destroyer
Staff member
Super Moderator
Reaction score
No. Give it a little while, you'll see the check engine light. Sometimes it takes a few drive cycles (coming up to temp and cooling completely) to set a code.

Gramps

I'm Awesome
Reaction score
Air pump won’t set a code - there’s no computer input to control it. It literally just pumps air into the exhaust to heat the cat faster, and Newer ones would but not these old dogs.
EGR however, that will set a code at some point.

PlayingWithTBI

2022 Truck of the Year
Supporting Member
Reaction score
EGR doesn't open up until the engine is warmed up and you're cruising over ~45 MPH, at least that's how my 88 CA truck works. I have A.I.R. too, as @Gramps said, the ECM doesn't see its effect other than the O2 sensor might see a leaner condition.

Schurkey

Supporting Member
Supporting Member
Reaction score
Air pump won’t set a code - there’s no computer input to control it. It literally just pumps air into the exhaust to heat the cat faster, and Newer ones would but not these old dogs.
My '88 K1500 has an air pump. There's a two-wire connector on the diverter solenoid.

When cold, (open loop) it pumps to the exhaust manifold or headers.

When warm, (closed loop) it diverts to the air cleaner. No air pumped into the exhaust system.

wb292

I'm Awesome
Reaction score
Mine has a 2 wire connector also. I drove it around 20 min or so and on the highway. But no codes. I'll continue to see what it does. Is there anyone around who can program this Jet chip to delete these codes? Or turn them off? I'd like to keep the 6pack because of the anti theft mode.