JB8 DRW discs on JB8 SRW 4x4?

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

454cid

Sooper Pooper
Reaction score
Looking at parts online, it looks like the only difference between 4x4 DRW disc brakes and 4x4 SRW disc brakes are the rotor thickness and caliper width...... the pads are slightly different, but I'm not sure it matters.

I'm wondering if I can swap my SRW truck to DRW discs, calipers, and pads. The discs are 1/4 wider/thicker, but the over all width (including the hat) is the same. The idea would be that the thicker rotor would tend to run truer when hot. Right now, my truck lurches when coming to a stop, which I figure is probably warped rotors.

Anyone messed with this before? I assume duallies use the same knuckles. I haven't checked cv-shafts, yet. I don't think I saw any SRW or DRW specific hubs. The only hangup, I can see is maybe rim clearance.

GMC Burbalade

Busy slacking
Reaction score
The 4x4 duallies just use bolt on spacers on the front, so hubs, knuckles, and CVs should be the same. I would imagine the brakes should swap over just fine.

454cid

Sooper Pooper
Reaction score
The 4x4 duallies just use bolt on spacers on the front, so hubs, knuckles, and CVs should be the same. I would imagine the brakes should swap over just fine.

Well, that's what I'm thinking. I was hoping some one that has first hand knowledge of both trucks, or tried the swap would speak up, Though.