It's been a long day...

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

magimerlin

I'm Awesome
Reaction score
Man that sucks. Y'all are ok so that's what matters. Call and at least report it to your insurance company. Trust me... Don't wait till Monday. Bet the actual owner of the other car already called about theirs if they had insurance on it. And at any accident you are involved in ANY pictures you wanna take you can no matter who is at fault. Just be ready to supply them to the other party involved as well. And take them before any vehicles are moved if possible. Take pictures of the WHOLE area it occurred in to. It can help out the instance adjuster if they are not able to come right out.

Sent from what use to be a great country.

Parentnoia

I'm Awesome
Reaction score
I know good and well not to touch anything.
Already submitted a claim online.
Looked through LMC for approximate pricing for the known damage and come to $1224. Which isnt as horrid as I thought. Just over two paychecks.
But like I said, uncle is offering up parts off his, so of that, all I'd spend is to get a new GMC grille as opposed to putting a Chevy grille on it.

Good chance your Frame is tweaked right behind the bumper bracket. Core support is probably tweaked too.....
From my looking at it, the tow hooks look unaffected. So either they're both fuggered or they're just fine. And I know the core supported is fuggered, first thing I thought was that my fan went into the radiator, but nope. Runs like every other day. Just no left turns until I remove the bumper and I dont want to drive it until I take off my upper fan shroud so it doesnt fugger up the belt.

What part of Texas you in??

Near Ft Hood. Between Belton and Copperas Cove

magimerlin

I'm Awesome
Reaction score
Shoot was hoping closer. Was gonna say ill give yah a hand swapping parts over when the time comes. Still not to bad a drive though. And Belton has a great pick-a-part for any oddball pieces you might need Been there many a times. I usually use the one just outside of Bastrop as its closer to me.

gmcyukondriver

Built, not bought.
Reaction score
I've had mine like that a couple times. not quite as bad, but close enough.

If your frame isn't bent, you'll need:

Radiator support (probably want to get your radiator and A/C condenser checked out. If you have a trans cooler, that too).
Bumper
Bumper brackets.
Grille
Grille filler (that lower piece of plastic above the bumper).
Fender filler (the plastic piece on the bottom front of your driver's fender).
Fender
Inner fender
Hood
License plate Bracket
Valence

Your lights look like they might be salvageable. I wouldn't worry about going OEM for the grille or filler piece, I would just get ebay parts, unless you can find a cheap clip at a salvage yard (or your uncle's truck).

Depending on what kind of insurance you have, they might total it out. If you have collision only, then they won't give you money, but it won't be totaled either. You're also lucky it didn't push your fender back into the driver's door. Mine did that when the lady pulled out in front of me, and so I needed paint work on the door too.

All in all, definitely repairable, just depends on how deep the damage goes (especially mechanical components like radiator, etc.) and what your insurance says. Hopefully it works out in your favor.

dirtyhick42

I am not a chick
Reaction score
You have full coverage on a vehice with 238000 miles? For the record the insurance company won't put new parts on, they will pay for "refurbished" parts or whatever. I went through this bs once and never want to do it again. They like to say that the part that came off the truck wasn't brand new so why would they pay for a brand new part to go back on. Hope it all gets worked out though. Side note, my girlfriend is from Belton, love the lake there.

Parentnoia

I'm Awesome
Reaction score
No full coverage. Just liability. Meaning I pay for their damage if it's my fault. Other guy said he had full coverage.

Also, didnt factor in bumper brackets. I'll piece it together slowly, once insurance gives me the go ahead.
Def gonna need a new radiator supports and the such. It's just stuff that'll come slowly. Local pick-a-part in Belton usually has at least the radiator supports, which is a start.

95C1500

┌П┐(◣_◢)┌П┐
Reaction score
damn that sucks man :( Glad everyone's ok!

JollyGreen

Metalworking Madman
Reaction score
Good chance your Frame is tweaked right behind the bumper bracket. Core support is probably tweaked too.....

^^^This. I didn't think mine was that bad at when I got into my accident, but I think the bill for mine WOULD have been about $4k. I'm not saying yours will or will not be that much, just that cost wise is surprised the hell out of me. Glad that everyone was alright. BTW- That's about the speed I was going. For reference:

You must be registered for see images attach

98chevyz71

RESIDENT CHOP GUY
Reaction score
^^^This. I didn't think mine was that bad at when I got into my accident, but I think the bill for mine WOULD have been about $4k. I'm not saying yours will or will not be that much, just that cost wise is surprised the hell out of me. Glad that everyone was alright. BTW- That's about the speed I was going. For reference:

You must be registered for see images attach

:bawl: