Issues with rough country 2-3 inch lift

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

Anubis

I'm Awesome
Reaction score
The problems with these 2-3" inch control arm/key kits are well documented all over the internet

A little due diligence in researching and heeding the advice of others would have went a long way.
When I searched, this information was not “ all over the Internet“. Quite the contrary. There were good reports that motivated me to buy the kit. Aside from the camber issue it works very well and rides nice.

Nad_Yvalhosert

I'm Awesome
Reaction score
A general idea of how bad mine is right now. Been to two different shops.
I spy with my little eye, that the lower A-Arm is nearly level.
When the torsion bar keys are cranked up, the short upper A-Arm will travel in a tighter ark that the lower, thus "pulling" the steering knuckle back in at the top and kinda correcting the camber problem.
However, if you're happy with the ride height, you can replace the upper A-Arm bushings with an eccentric (off center) set that will effectively "shorten" the length of the upper A-Arm.

Last edited:

Anubis

I'm Awesome
Reaction score
I spy with my little eye, that the lower A-Arm is nearly level.
When the torsion bar keys are cranked up, the short upper A-Arm will travel in a tighter ark that the lower, thus "pulling" the steering knuckle back in at the top and kinda correcting the camber problem.
However, if you're happy with the ride height, you can replace the upper A-Arm bushings with an eccentric (off center) set that will effectively "shorten" the length of the upper A-Arm.
Hmm. That’s the first time I’ve heard of an eccentric off-center bushing set. Where can I buy them?

MMcc

OBS Enthusiast
Reaction score
The problems with these 2-3" inch control arm/key kits are well documented all over the internet by others that have bought it before them including info on this site, and in spite of the available information and warnings people still buy it thinking this won't be them.

A little due diligence in researching and heeding the advice of others would have went a long way.
Rough country is the only kit still in the market and I've been strongly considering buying one. But I'm going to be royally PO'd if after a full weekend's work that the alignment shop can't get it right.
So, what's a guy to do?!? Sounds like there may be some tricks to install RC's right.
Or, 1) Build my own kit? Yikes. I'm a parts monkey mechanic with a day job. Not confident that I could design one well.
Or 2) take it to a suspension shop that specializes in lifts and spend x3 $$$.

Best of luck to the OP!!

Ehall8702

I'm Awesome
Reaction score
Any chance the adjustment slots weren't knocked out? There's is a tool to elongate them for camber fix...

Last edited:

Winda Liqqer

Reaction score
Well played, Nad.

Has anyone else considered installing the more invasive/expensive 4” lift by Rough Country and decranking down to 3”?? I’m no young man and don’t need a lot of lift but enough to assist in clearing 35s, been considering this move a long time.

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
MountainDont