Issue with Driver side seat leather-help in Indianapolis?

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

Reaction score
This is happening and I am wondering if anyone has suggestions on how to fix it and if there are resources in Indianapolis that would take it on? Thank you
You must be registered for see images attach

JOHNGAAA1

I'm Awesome
Reaction score
The seat shop sells the replacement covers around $125. Not worth fixing go new. They are on you tube. Its a do it yourself job.

someotherguy

Truly Awesome
Reaction score
The Seat Shop prices are a lot higher than some others I've noticed. You'll see a slight difference in appearance regardless of who you go with, because of new vs. old. I got a lower cover for my '06 Silverado SS from a place here in Houston called USA Auto Seatcover and it's good quality and fit well, and cost about half of what Seat Shop wanted.

Examples.. I think this is the cover you're looking for but you should confirm before buying, don't just use my links.

USA Auto Seatcover $158 https://www.usautoseatcover.com/pro...it-bench-bottom-seat-cover-gray-60-40-leather

The Seat Shop $289 https://www.theseatshop.com/collections/1996-chevrolet-silverado-lt/products/1996-1998-chevrolet-silverado-gmc-sierra-60-40-seat-configuraton-driver-side-bottom-cover-60-portion-seat-cover-medium-gray-factory-configuration-leather-surface-with-vinyl-sides-2?cab_configuration=Extended+Cab&material_configuration=OEM+Leather/Vinyl&color=Medium+Gray&seat_configuration_1=60/40+Split+Bench

Also you may think your seat foam is OK because there's just a little wear in the cover, but trust me, you'll get the cover off and find that the foam has been crumbling and you'll wish you had new foam ready to go. If new foam is available for your seat style, trust me, just go ahead and get it.

And yes you can absolutely DIY this. Watch a few of The Seat Shop's videos and you'll see it's not difficult to do a reasonable job. Now if you want top notch show quality, you'll pay a pro shop to do it and have everything line up beautifully. For a daily driver this isn't necessary.

From door open to door closed took me less than 1.5 hrs and it was the first one of these I'd done and that even included some vacuum clean-up time. When I finished I noticed the seam in the middle of the seat bottom didn't line up with the seat back and was really annoyed until I looked at my "before" pic and realized it was like that previously.

See ^^^ I really should've had the new foam and heating element in-hand. Because I didn't, I get to go back in and re-do this job later.

Richard

Reaction score
Thank you, Awesome other guy! and very much noted as far as the foam: if its half as worn as just the stuff under the center console...its certainly primed for replacement. I dont have seat heaters to deal wtih so at least that should make things straightforward-er! Will check on the DIY youtube links as well to pre-prep will look for new foam source as well! thankyou