Is this a drop or stock spindle? And....

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

Thomas Hansen

Reaction score
You must be registered for see images attach
heys guys,
Newb question here. Is this a drop or stock spindle on my truck? It’s lowered 2/4 and need to know because I’m changing it to a 4/6. It’s a 93 5.7.

Also, anyone know if these hanger will fit? If not, do you know where I can get stick shackles and hangers! I need to put the Stock hangers and shackles on for the 4/6. https://shop.advanceautoparts.com/p...on-leaf-spring-bracket-kit-722-007/20519981-P

Thanks,
T

Bob L

I'm Awesome
Reaction score
Those Dorman hangers are to replace the rear hangers at rear of springs. The hangers that get changed when lowering are the forward hangers and different.
In the rust belt the rear hangers commonly rust out so they make those to replace them.

Thomas Hansen

Reaction score
Absolutely a stock spindle.

No idea on the Dorman hangers.

Richard

Awesome thanks!

Those Dorman hangers are to replace the rear hangers at rear of springs. The hangers that get changed when lowering are the forward hangers and different.
In the rust belt the rear hangers commonly rust out so they make those to replace them.

Makes sense now that I look at it, thanks. But how about this guy?
https://shop.advanceautoparts.com/p/dorman-oe-solutions-leaf-spring-hanger-722-045/11035231-P

sewlow

Bitchin' Stitchin'
Reaction score
You need at least 50 posts to list in the Buy-&-Sell section, but once you do, post up that you're looking for some stock hangers.
Guys that have done a 2/4 may have the stockers still kicking around.
I'd bet you would get them for a lot less than $199.98 + the shipping.
Sadly I didn't keep mine when I did the 2/4. Especially now that i'd also like to get my '97 down to a 4/7! Doh!
The chat thread is a good thread to get that post count up there, quick.
Get posting! Lol!

Thomas Hansen

Reaction score
You need at least 50 posts to list in the Buy-&-Sell section, but once you do, post up that you're looking for some stock hangers.
Guys that have done a 2/4 may have the stockers still kicking around.
I'd bet you would get them for a lot less than $199.98 + the shipping.
Sadly I didn't keep mine when I did the 2/4. Especially now that i'd also like to get my '97 down to a 4/7! Doh!
The chat thread is a good thread to get that post count up there, quick.
Get posting! Lol!

Thanks bud, but I’m super rich. Haha no, I just need to get this done quick as I need tires for the truck and one of the rims is bent. So might as well do all this at once. Changing the 2/4 to 4/6 isn’t going feel good on the pocket book but I’m prepared. 200 bucks in new hangers isn’t going to kill me...I just want to make sure they’re the right ones.

Reaction score
I am doing the same as you right now and going from 2/4 to 4/6 and had to get new hangers and shackles that were stock. I had no luck locating used stock ones so I bought dorman ones also. I went to dormans site and it showed me what part numbers to get. I ordered my hangers from jc whitney and shackles from advance auto parts and spent $200 total for everything. There are a lot of coupon codes online so look for those for better deals. Your truck looks very clean and will look incredible with a 4/6 drop on it.

Thomas Hansen

Reaction score
I am doing the same as you right now and going from 2/4 to 4/6 and had to get new hangers and shackles that were stock. I had no luck locating used stock ones so I bought dorman ones also. I went to dormans site and it showed me what part numbers to get. I ordered my hangers from jc whitney and shackles from advance auto parts and spent $200 total for everything. There are a lot of coupon codes online so look for those for better deals. Your truck looks very clean and will look incredible with a 4/6 drop on it.

Thanks but It WILL be clean when we’re done. We’re pulling the bed and cap to replace the mounts and burn in a reinforced notch and relocate the shock. While I’m there I’ll clean up the frame and all that jazz.

Coupon codes? Where?