Is There A Power Tailgate Mod?

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

dkennedy

I'm Awesome
Reaction score
I was going to go through the trouble I think I'd just fab up something from off-the-shelf actuators and all the bits that goes along with it. That way you would have the flexibility to create something that doesn't look like you hung a box of on your truck.

1993GMCSierra

I'm Awesome
Reaction score
That's also really freaking slow. I was thinking something that would go open to closed in 2-3 seconds. I just wanted something to slow it down a bit so if I "popped" the tailgate, it wouldn't go "slam!" down every time.

90chevstepside

iPhone Repair Tech!
Reaction score
That's also really freaking slow. I was thinking something that would go open to closed in 2-3 seconds. I just wanted something to slow it down a bit so if I "popped" the tailgate, it wouldn't go "slam!" down every time.

Shave the handle, put a door popper on it like people do on shaved doors and put those air strut things like in the lifting back glass on suv's. The popper will pop it out and the shocks will let it down quick, but will slow it enough to not "slam" down. Sounds good in theory right?

-Sent from the riced out Eclipse!

KReePiN

I'm Awesome
Reaction score
Lmc has a tailgate "assist" product.....makes it easier to lift and lower your tailgate.....with no modification to the bed i guess

eric.s.t

Stroked
Reaction score
i was thinking of putting some kind of shock like a tonneau cover or a hatch back car... that way there, id be able to pull the handle and let it go, itll go down alone and slowly... to go back up though, obviously youd have to do it manually..