Is the zone lift a true 6"?

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

bluex

Mall Crawlin' ****!!!
Supporting Member
Reaction score
I think a more realistic goal is about 16-20 hrs for the lift kit only. I just don't see it being done in 8 hrs unless you have 6 people. 2 for each side in the front an 2 for the back that come help on the front when they are done.

These kits are a sh!tload of work, as far as tools go the only thing I didn't have that a shop would is a 2 post lift an the only difference that would make would be not having to lay in the floor.

I also did all my ball joints, tie rods, pitman, idler an bracket, new steering box and new calipers with braided lines. That all takes time to. But the instructions also had some things wrong an I wound up doing some stuff twice which didn't help time wise either.

I did 85-90% of mine by myself too....

tt660

Reaction score
I put a zone lift on my 99 tahoe a year ago. The brackets are a full 6" drop and I've got it set at about 7.5" of lift and the cv's angles look pretty good. It only took my about 10hrs to install it and ball joints, also with no lift lol .

bluex

Mall Crawlin' ****!!!
Supporting Member
Reaction score
I put a zone lift on my 99 tahoe a year ago. The brackets are a full 6" drop and I've got it set at about 7.5" of lift and the cv's angles look pretty good. It only took my about 10hrs to install it and ball joints, also with no lift lol .

With how much help though....

Truck looks good, what tire size you running?

tt660

Reaction score
Atleast one extra buddy at all times, sometimes had a third. Those tires are 315/75/16 wore out mud brutes lol that someone gave me the only measure about 33.5