Is the zone lift a true 6"?

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

Bigredz

Reaction score
Has anyone measured the zone 6" lift to see how much actual drop it is? I know that the RCX kit only has a 5" drop, requiring the torsion be turned up 1". Is the zone the same way or is it a true 6"?

Horns

Tiff's Wedding Crasher
Reaction score
I don't know of anyone on the site that is running the zone lift but someone might know the answer.

Your best bet might be to send Zone an e-mail and ask them.

-Sent from my twin turbo Desire using diesel fuel.-

LoudnLifted88

Small Block Grim Reaper
Reaction score
blackcoffee had a zone lift on his rcsb but hes like never on here anymore

tylers88

I'm Awesome
Reaction score
Has anyone measured the zone 6" lift to see how much actual drop it is? I know that the RCX kit only has a 5" drop, requiring the torsion be turned up 1". Is the zone the same way or is it a true 6"?

I'm going to email them later tonight and will post what I find out.

tylers88

I'm Awesome
Reaction score
ok great, Thanks. Can you also ask them what the rear lift consist of? Is it a 5", 5.5", or what size rear block?

I have already read the instructions(to make sure there was no wleding involved) and this is what it list for rear components
»»REAR
Qty Part
2 5" Lift Block
4 9/16" x 2-9/16" x 14" U-bolt/nuts/washers
1 Rear Brake Line Bracket
1 Bolt Pack - Brake Line Brkt - #606

tylers88

I'm Awesome
Reaction score
if its got a 5 inch block id say its a 5 inch drop in the front

If it is a full 6" drop and you set it dead on 6" in the front you will still have around 1-1.5" of rake, still very possible that it is 6" of diff drop. The GMT800 kits are almost exactly 6" diff drop IIRC.

Bigredz

Reaction score
if its got a 5 inch block id say its a 5 inch drop in the front

You cant base the front drop on how much it lifts the rear. I wish it was that easy. For example the old DC 6.5 kits only came with a 4 3/4" rear blocks, and eventually they swapped to a 5.5 block. The new RCX kits come with a 4" block and 2" Add-a-leaf for the rear and the front is only dropped 5".