Is it possible to swap my c1500 from 5x5 to 5x4.75

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

b454rat

I'm Awesome
Reaction score
Someone here asked same thing, never got an answer. I guess if you could find the right car that shared the same bearings n spindle dimensions. Rear would be simple, just redrill drums/axles to car pattern. I got adapters to run car rims, got a good deal on vette wheels so thought try it n see.

Reaction score
I guess
Someone here asked same thing, never got an answer. I guess if you could find the right car that shared the same bearings n spindle dimensions. Rear would be simple, just redrill drums/axles to car pattern. I got adapters to run car rims, got a good deal on vette wheels so thought try it n see.

Looks like I’m gonna have to do some research and measuring I guess. Thank ya

TacosnBeer

I'm Awesome
Reaction score
ANYTHING is possible if you really want to do it! My 2003 S10 has (what appears to be) the same front rotors in a 5 x 4.75 bolt pattern. would prob have to do more measuring/research on that though? I am sure you could get axles in 4.75 for a 10 bolt. As for rims... if you are running a rim like Vette wheels or most other GM car wheels, you will need spacers due to backspacing anyway so mine as well just adapt them through the spacer. It seems so much easier to go that route than a full changeover to 4.75.

b454rat

I'm Awesome
Reaction score
That's what I did. Until someone finds an application, easier to get the adapters. I have a set of 17/18" vette wheels off 98-04 or something, front are 8.5" wide, rears are 9.5". Fronts I think will work with 1 3/4", I have 1.5" now but rub on the upper arm. I'm not sure on the rears yet, but think a 2.25" might work. I don't have any tires, so that makes it tough to see what hits n what misses. For now I have 4 17" fronts, until I figure out what works. Really considering selling em and going old school with 15x10 vette style wheels. Looking at em now on Summit, $82 each.

Erik the Awful

Supporting Member
Supporting Member
Reaction score
I looked into it a month or so ago. I have a set of early '90s Corvette Grand Sport wheels.

The front's pretty easy, if I remember right you can simply bolt some Camaro 1LE rotors and calipers on and they're dirt cheap from RockAuto. For the rear you'll have to redrill your axles. There are some Olds Cutlass Vista Cruiser drums from the '70s that might work, but I'm not crazy about using rare parts. You can also redrill the existing drums, but I really don't want to have to mod wear items each time I replace them.

Two things turned me off this idea. First, my local driveline shop won't redrill axles any more. Second, the tires are so much shorter than the stock truck tires that it was going to look silly.

b454rat

I'm Awesome
Reaction score
What year Camaro? That stuff bolts on to what spindles? The early years of GMT-400 uses a 1” thick rotor, then after 92 or round there was 1.25” thick.

Erik the Awful

Supporting Member
Supporting Member
Reaction score
Good questions, but I dunno, I gave up on that idea. Google is your friend.

Madscientist

I'm Awesome
Reaction score
Buy a good quality wheel adapters. Dont buy the cheepest stuff you find on ebay. You will be dollars and hours ahead. I have a 76 swb with some serious power in it. Ive run adapters and run vett wheels on it. 2.25" adapters were perfect widith and and long as everything is tight. You will have zero problems.