Intermittent brake light switch issue

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

krisj

Reaction score
I recently replaced my power brake booster on my '94 Cheyenne due to major vacuum leak. I have good power brakes now and no vacuum leak. Someone in traffic then told me I had no brake lights. I found the problem was a bad brake light switch. I replaced the brake light switch and now the brake lights work, but only intermittently, sometimes you hear it click and other times not. I looked under the dash and looked at the switch and noticed some instability of the switch when the pedal is moved. I double checked my installation and I from what I can see it is installed correctly.

Is there any adjustment that I'm not aware of, or any way to stabilize the switch? :help:

SCOTTYINWV

si vis pacem, para bellum
Reaction score
There is a grove in the switch the slides onto the pedal and the c clip that slides over the rod. Make sure it is secure on the pedal and on the rod.

krisj

Reaction score
There is a grove in the switch the slides onto the pedal and the c clip that slides over the rod. Make sure it is secure on the pedal and on the rod.

Respectfully, like I said in my post, I checked all that before I posted my question.