Intake options

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

Racer X

Reaction score
1. Almost certainly a cheap Communist Chinese intake manifold.

2. I bet they ruined the injector bosses by tapping them for thread-in plugs.

3. Yes, that has a Vortec bolt pattern.

4. Are your injector rails going to fit that manifold? Wire harnesses for the injectors going to be long enough?

Thanks for the reply.
1. IDK It says Marine Power casted into it. Generic name that sounds like it "should" be something. Most likely generated in the suggestions column when other names were taken. Probly Chinesium, better get the safety squints. Close enough but you can tell it ain't all that and a sack a Funions. Nobody makes intakes that cheap these days so I'm just plain curious at this point. Looking at it, it looks like a Holly Victor rebranded. However the bosses are something I've not seen on other generic manifolds. More searching needed.

2. I was thinking that too but they look like small freeze plugs glued in with hy tack or loctite. Even if they were push in plugs the holes are scratched so it might need a reemer at best and a sleeve at worst. Hoping they didn't go all the way down and the o ring will still seal. The weight savings might be worth a little work.

3. Thanks for the confirmation.

4. I Don't have injectors, rails, or anything for it yet. Says it's for Mercruiser and Volvo so I'm guessing the rails might match up to the stockers. Might make a custom spider for it so it looks cool. I'm gonna check the fit first then build it over time as I can afford it. I've always made my own harness so no worries there.

Does anyone have a marine intake they might be able to get a center to center measurement from?

Damned if while I'm writing this I check back and he dropped the price of that Marine intake on Ebay by 100.00 down to 599 with 100 shipping.

Last thing to hit my mind before posting this is look up Volvo.

Racer X

Reaction score
Let us know how it works. Be easier to use that intake with a whipple and intercooler, plus looks 100x better than the stock Vortec intake.

Will do. With it being that cheap maybe I can get it polished
What do you have to do to the bottom end to run a charger on these? Say 6 to 8 psi.

b454rat

I'm Awesome
Reaction score
My motor is a stock 140k motor from a junkyard. I have a boost gauge from a Kenworth, but I need to get a line. If it only does 6lbs boost, it's surprisingly quick for a lifted truck. I have a 2wd Tahoe that I thought would bout the same, since it's lighter, but the Yukon (has the whipple) pulls **** ton harder. Think know now why PO went thru tranny's, feels like it's slipping already, and I haven't really "beatin" on it....

John Carlsen

Reaction score
How did that manifold from MP work out?
Their marine stuff is usually pretty good.

All of the EFI manifolds seem to be priced higher than the carb one's as if it cost more to make.