Installing the 0411 PCM

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

Whipped96

I'm Awesome
Reaction score
I'm SUPER jealous!
Why did you tap into the wires behind the cluster? Did you do it that way instead of doing the ones by the tranny?
So would you say it is fairly easy to do?

Chevy 97

Reaction score
To me there wasn't much room underneath, my truck isn't up in the air high enough, with the exhaust and the 4x4 front shaft, not much room to work with. The other was was fairly easy. I did lengthen my wires out just a little so it wasn't so tight to get back together. The only thing that has bugged me is did I put the harness back in the right direction. Forgot to take a picture. I am sure I did because I gave it a half twist when I looked at the numbers to get the right wires. I just don't like being unsure. You don't need to tape the wires, I started out doing that, but following the chart and moving one wire at a time, it when really easy. I did mark the ones that I left out and had questions about, that way I knew what wires that needed put on. I better get to spraying weeds this morning, the dog is gone for the day so I will be spraying her pen, weed control.

Chevy 97

Reaction score
Between the internet being down most of the time the past two days, and getting other things done, I haven't put the tune into my pcm yet. hopefully tomorrow.

Chevy 97

Reaction score
You must be registered for see images attach

I reread everything, tried to flash the pcm, get through the first warning, then the second warning after I press continue my laptop locks up. Very bummed right now.

Chevy 97

Reaction score
Update, still having issues with my laptop. Not sure where the problem is. But the USB cable works fine when you open up the scan tune 8.0 version. I updated everything on the V2 a couple days ago. Checked again today. But when you try to open either the scan or tune for the 7.5, it won't open when the USB cable to the V2 scan/tune tool plugged in. You quickly unplug it and insert the USB cable everything opens up. But then you cannot Flash, so the issue is somewhere in the 7.5 version and my laptop. I posted the problem on EFI live form so hopefully I get this resolved.

Chevy 97

Reaction score
Well I did get it figured out with some help. I noticed on EFI live form that there is an issue with the USB cable on the V7.5 235. I also read that you could use the V8 for flashing. Al confirmed that left me instructions to transfer my tune from the V7.5 file to the V8 files. I did then I also saved as a file in the V8 for backup. My first two attempts at flashing came up short, with a checksum failure. I walked away just to come back and read what the code meant. For the hellofit, I tried one more time flashing my pcm. I used the file from the V8 that I saved and it worked. Truck actually started.