Installing heater mirrors on non heater K1500

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

inthechateau

OBS Enthusiast
Reaction score
Want to install a set of tow mirrors with turn LED and heaters in them. My 98 K1500 currently does not have heated mirrors but does have power mirrors. What do I tap into to get power for the heaters? I was thinking of doing a separate relay, but seems I'd need a timer too. Let me know what you guys have done to make it work. Thanks

badazzbulldog

I'm Awesome
Reaction score
is there a switch that comes with the mirrors to turn the heat elements on and off? if so under the dash on drivers side firewall there is the box with the door chime and a few other relays and the flasher in it there are a couple of points you could plug in there for power dont remember off the top of my head which are key on power but with a test light you can figure that out

thz71

Stock SUCKS!
Reaction score
You don't want the heaters on every time the key is on. It'll eventually turn the mirriors a yellowish color. If yoh have rear defrost that's the best way to tie them in