Installing an LT1 in a 1997 K1500 SBSS

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

Tinbender59

I AM JUST PLUM CRAZY
Reaction score
can you build a harness if i ship one up to you.. it needs to plug into the LS motor.. so all the needs would need to be changed.. also plug into the fire wall of the truck..

it would be easyist if I had "truck" correct harness and an LS harness, If you are serious Private Message me with your phone number

Tinbender59

I AM JUST PLUM CRAZY
Reaction score
Ya I know, I asked LEX He said it just is not worth the time to research out a replacement he stated that they are so easy to find and cheap, why fix it if it aint broke. makes good sense to me.

Tinbender59

I AM JUST PLUM CRAZY
Reaction score
Howdy people; it has been a while hasn't it. well it is update time once again. yesterday I hooked on to the ol car hauller, went and picked up a 1998 Grand Prix (roughly 4klbs), and hauled it in for a friend. Bad Bad news guys :evillol:, it pulled like it was on steroids. jumped to 45mph in less than a city block, got her out on the open road - shucks man what trailer? hit an over pass, and may have lost 2mph, the torque load on flat ground was 23% +/-3%, hit the overpass, the torque load jumped to 45% +/-5% with 33.3% throttle, I use the cruise Control for better,and stable results. the truck managed 11.9 mpg while pulling. I'm really having a hard time dealling with all of this ---------NOT :evillol: