Installing an LT1 in a 1997 K1500 SBSS

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

Tinbender59

I AM JUST PLUM CRAZY
Reaction score
well after a trip to a different Dyno we found that my stutter and falling flat on its face is due to the torque command, it is pulling 40 degrees of timing out at shift. with only 32 total degrees of timing, well that works good, NOT!!!! so hopefully it will do better now, I will post all of the changes later, gotta go

Tinbender59

I AM JUST PLUM CRAZY
Reaction score
just a quick update, driving her full time getting 10 - 16 mpg, runs great, and I am somewhat of a Legend around here LOL. now I need a 3/4 or 1 ton, just picked up a 1973 Cady 500. Muha ha ha ha (evil laugh) :biggrin: Long term project, MPFI the beast and LOOSE MY FREEKING MIND!!!

Tinbender59

I AM JUST PLUM CRAZY
Reaction score
hello everybody, thought that I would update you all on the next phase of mods. I am currently in deliberations for the eventualality of aquiring two 1958 chevy trucks, with the purpose of building an Ex-Cab out of the pair. I need 4 doors and 2 cabs to do it right. this has been part of the original plan with this truck from the start. If I can wrangle the trucks from the dude, I will start a new discussion for it. It will go onto this LT1 powered 1997 K1500. with all of the creature comforts retrofitted (I hope). concept photo chopped picture here, it is not real good but you get the idea. You can look at the 1953 Willies Pick-up I built a few years back, in my sets as well http://www.flickr.com/photos/tinbender59/8249048042

I am trading the 500 cadu for the 58's ???? Maybe ?????