Installing 3" body lift

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

HeavyChevy09

Reaction score
Hey guys,
I'm new to the forum and to lifts. I have a 1995 Chevy 1500 extended cab 4x4 5 speed. After some research and talking to my cousin (who is a member here) I've decided I want a body lift. I don't have the cash for a suspension lift and I don't want to do a leveling kit. I'm looking to put 17" wheels with 285/70/17 mud tires. My question is, how hard is installing this lift myself going to be? I've heard with a few friends and a little time that its not difficult, but who here knows from experience? Also, I was wondering what would have to be done in regards to my 5 spd shifter, if anything at all. Any help would be appreciated, Thanks!

LoudnLifted88

Small Block Grim Reaper
Reaction score
its easy as long as you have a floor jack and maybe a welder incase you break a bolt a few buddys makes it easier also for helping pick up the bed

West Mi Mudder

OHHHH YEAHHHHH
Reaction score
Preparation is your best friend. Use some liquid wrench or pb blaster each day on all the body bolts to get them loosened up. You will want to start doing this a few day, the more the better, before you plan on doing the lift. It will really help.

LoudnLifted88

Small Block Grim Reaper
Reaction score
95 should have the cable shift so thatll pull through thte floor just need to lowere your lower fan shroud of cut it and put the extention in the steering shaft and filler neck and you should be alset

LoudnLifted88

Small Block Grim Reaper
Reaction score
Preparation is your best friend. Use some liquid wrench or pb blaster each day on all the body bolts to get them loosened up. You will want to start doing this a few day, the more the better, before you plan on doing the lift. It will really help.

this to

HeavyChevy09

Reaction score
Is the steering shaft extension usually included in the lift kit? (excuse any stupid questions)

West Mi Mudder

OHHHH YEAHHHHH
Reaction score
Is the steering shaft extension usually included in the lift kit? (excuse any stupid questions)

On most kits, yes. Should say it in the description. THey normally also come with the fuel filler neck extension as well and Front bumper relocation. Rear bumper mounts are sold seperately, along with gap gaurds, which are used to hide the visible cracks between the frame and body after the lift.

HeavyChevy09

Reaction score
You must be registered for see images attach
s

Thanks guys, I think I'm going to attempt the install. I heard from a friend that you could rig your existing rear bumper mounts to work but I'm not sure on the details for doing that. This is my truck stock.

LoudnLifted88

Small Block Grim Reaper
Reaction score
i did my cab witht he help of my buddy and i did the bed with 3 other buddys its easy as long as you have help the bed can be done with 2 people