Installed Replacement Leather Yesterday from TheSeatShop

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

SubLo

I'm Awesome
Reaction score
Well folks, here's the before:

You must be registered for see images

And here's the after! :evillol:

You must be registered for see images

I'm thrilled! My busted up foam and ghetto leather has been driving me mad since I got the truck. I investigated all options (local upholstery shop, eBay, Craigslist, used complete sets, junkyard, etc.). In the end, I ordered replacement leather from TheSeatShop. Google them. I'm no trying to advertise.

The leather is fantastic quality and the color is near perfect! Obviously, my truck is 16 years old, dirty, and a bit worn so the OEM is a bit darker. On the driver side, I replaced (1) lower (2) upper and (3) armrest. On the passenger, I replaced the lower. It's really not difficult to replace at all. You do have to remove the seats from the truck though. It's mostly a matter of clipping hog-rings and cutting old leather. The new stuff slides on pretty easily! The fit and finish are really top notch!

My only beef (which isn't the vendor's issue) is that, just like OEM, only the actual seating surfaces are leather. The side and back portions are pleather/vinyl.

Anyway, the skins ain't cheap. The upper is about $200 and the lower is about $200. I replaced the bottom foam on the driver side too because the P.O. had let the rip go obviously for a long time to the point where the foam was significantly chewed up. It was a little scary cutting holes for the switches, armrests and headresets. But I got more confident the second time.

I'm thinking of banning my wife and mother-in-law from my truck. No matter how much I scream at them to "STEP UP AND OUT," they still SLIDE off the seats causing unnecessary wear. Grrrrr!!!

CUSTOM06

I'm Awesome
Reaction score
The seat looks good. Can't tell, but can you tighten up the fitting?

SubLo

I'm Awesome
Reaction score
Yes. As much as you want. It's pretty damned tight as it stands. Hard to tell from the pics. But, when installing, you can stretch and hog-clip it as much as you want. I've got to say, after a couple of days of being sat in, it's molded to an even better fit.

JollyGreen

Metalworking Madman
Reaction score
That's probably the best looking replacement covers I've seen. Has me thinking about doing mine.

Sent from Jolly Green's Droid

CUSTOM06

I'm Awesome
Reaction score
Will definitely check into those. Have to start saving up to do all my seats, buckest and rear bench.

sewlow

Bitchin' Stitchin'
Reaction score
Good job!!!
You could tighten the cushion up a bit.
When doing the install of the cover, the long seams that run the length of the cover between the insert & the wings should be pulled/stretched towards the back. Hog the front of those seams first, then pull/stretch it back, & hog down the rear of the seam. then go back & fill in the rest of the hogs the length of that seam.
Got a link to the foam? I've been looking for that. I could fab up my own, but for the quality of the finish & the time involved, it's just easier to replace it.
Does the foam have the velcro running from side to side for those seams, or does it have the listing wires embedded in there for hog rings?