Inside door handle not working

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

gordinho80

I'm Awesome
Reaction score
Driver side inside door handle is not opening my door. Outside handle works fine for now. I checked the handle itself, all intact. The rod is connected and handle is moving the rod. The rod is connected at the latch side as well, and is moving something.

Should I just look into replacing the latch mechanism on the door itself? I just replaced the lock actuator on that door and double checked the handle rod... I sprayed it with a little PB Blaster and actuated it a couple of times... it worked for about 10 times opening from inside, then stopped again.

sewlow

Bitchin' Stitchin'
Reaction score
Have you checked to see if the rod has come outa the clips that keep it aligned with everything else that it's connected to?

great white

Retirement countdown!
Reaction score
That's what mine did when the handle cracked. It eventually stopped opening the door yet it all looked intact. I finally saw the crack in the handle which eventually opened up and the handle broke.

It's a fairly common fault on these trucks. Have a look...

sewlow

Bitchin' Stitchin'
Reaction score
That's what mine did when the handle cracked. It eventually stopped opening the door yet it all looked intact. I finally saw the crack in the handle which eventually opened up and the handle broke.

It's a fairly common fault on these trucks. Have a look...

Yup! That, too!

gordinho80

I'm Awesome
Reaction score
Rods do look a little loose inside the door... but they are connected at either end. I guess I have to take the black panel off and investigate further.

superdave

Proud NOOA Member
Reaction score
I bet once you remove the inner door handle and really look at it, you'll see it is cracked so that the lever is bent. Moving the door handle will operate the rod, but not enough to work the latch. They are less than $20 and hanging on the wall of your favorite parts store. The fact that they are that readily available says a lot for the fact that they break a lot. I just replaced both of mine.